Author Topic: Rewards for Unique Content?  (Read 4859 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Rewards for Unique Content?
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:13:10 pm »
Here's an idea for you folks:

Would you all be interested in some kind of reward system for posting unique Sogna/VIPER content to the forum?

I think its time I oughta kick you all in the rear and get some new content posted, especially since the demise of Carrerachan.  I'm thinking a monthly or bimonthly prize might be the incentive you need.  Maybe a few trading cards or a $5 credit to the shop page.  How does that sound?

It doesn't have to be original art either (though that gets high marks), as we know Viperchan and Ugenixdoujinwave can dominate there.  For the less artistically inclined I'm open to stories, too.  Maybe other things like kitbashing GIFs (becuase who doesn't like to see Miki or Cala's head on another's body?)  Basically, if its new, unique and related to Sogna or VIPER, you'd qualify.  A major contribution to the Sogna knowledgebase (research on game history/authors/artists, or cracking file encoding problems) could also qualify.

If this is something you'd be interested in, how would you like the winner to be chosen?  Since it's my stuff I'm willing to give away, I'd prefer to choose the winner myself or at least select finalists for some kind of user-determined poll.

To make things fair, the admins/moderators are not eligible to win the prize.  I'm also going to have to disqualify any of the VIPER-CCR work I've seen so far, Viperchan, as well as any new imagery that you ask me to review.  It's not exactly fair for me to give you advice on how to win the prize, now is it?  But any new art that you never show me or ask my opinion about before posting for others will be eligible though.

And no, the winner will not neccesarily be the one who posted the best Karin fanart or story. :bigtran

Who would like to accept this challenge and go for the prize?  If I see at least three members make unique content submissions between now and the end of the month, I'll pony up the prize to be awarded at the end of May for all submissions made in April or May.  Afterwhich I'll decide how often to reward subsequent prizes (once a month, every other month, or only once a quarter.)  How many submissions we get will decide how often.  If I have not seen three members submit content by the end of April, I'll assume there just isn't enough interest to warrant a competition.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
Re: Rewards for Unique Content?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »
There sure have been fewer gifbashes since Carrerachan went away. It could just be that one guy that wanted to put Miki in everything ran out of steam, or as I guessed previously, that this place isn't as inviting to random outside contributors as the imageboard format was. Could be something else entirely, I dunno.

Not sure how much incentives would improve that. Speaking personally, the only VIPER fan content I tend to work on is decensoring, and only when in a particular state of boredom/horniness. Most of the time I'd rather be doing more important / less tedious things, and no amount of rewards is likely to change my priorities. I might still post some original content in the next couple weeks, but I won't scramble to do so.

Well, if just two others are interested and I could complete that triad, I guess I could try harder to keep the party alive, but I have a feeling the prevailing mood will be to let content come at our own pace.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:20:37 pm »
NOOOOOO my $5 discount!

If i make another forum profile can i enter?

Asukachan

• VIPER Animator
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-CTR, VIPER-F40
    • Now Playing:
      ・Popful Mail (Sega CD)
    • VIPER ANIMATION Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 02:11:54 am »
sounds cool

Arizona

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • If I get killed it's your fault!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:58:39 am »
I would make the old "I want a pony" crack again, but I realize that joke is out of the question now that it may be confused for being creepy thanks to a certain cartoon. :( :( :(

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:28:27 pm »
Speaking of ponies, how many furries are there in the Viperverse, JGOO?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 07:08:20 am »
Not many - a couple of the GTB alient enemies perhaps?

Let's not hijack this thread any further please.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 11:40:09 am »
Unless I've miscounted, I saw only a new uncensoring by Rai and some new CCR imagery from Viperchan.

I'm willing to give it another month and award a prize at the end of June if someone else joins them and completes a trio of applicants.