Author Topic: Where to Find: Hyper Viper Series In English  (Read 10551 times)

LordShadowgorath

• VIPER Initiate
Where to Find: Hyper Viper Series In English
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:42 am »
I have scanned through most of the forums on the Viper topic on the COA, but have not found any currently working ways to download any Viper games in English.... That or im just blind.

Does anybody know where to download as many of the Viper games in ENGLISH and UNCENSORED? I have a bunch of the games, but they are in Japanese, with the Language option set permanently to Japanese, and I also now realize that it is a censored version.

I have been struggling to find this classic series for quite some time now in my home language (English), and if I do find what I am looking for, I will be sure to spread it to others I have noticed who are looking for the same thing.

To summarize: Where to find the Viper series in English and Uncensored.

Thanks!

dontpanic

• RSR Fan
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: Where to Find: Hyper Viper Series In English
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:09:01 am »
Not to come across as harsh, but I'm also looking for a hojillion dollars, a thousand unquestioning servants, the holy grail, and the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Seriously though: the only english Viper that exists is the bits of script that have been translated by members of this board (nothing in game) and the only uncensored Viper that exists is fanart. The games were never brought over here (maybe one of them was, i could be wrong.)

Honestly the only uncensored, english Viper is the ViperGTS anime.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:43 am »
Despite Piratesyars' attempts to answer this question, he's more wrong than right.  :bigtran

There are English versions of V16, M1, and Paradice as they were published by Hobibox Europe.  There's also a Limited Edition which is kind of like the Japanese VIPER Digital Museum released by same company.  These all include other European languages like French and Italian.

Limited Edition includes a few images of uncensored art.  A few of the pencil sketches in artbooks are also uncensored but they lack the detail to be of much concern to Japanese censors.  I'm sure there's cels out there that are also uncensored, as thats the way they would have been orginally drawn and colored (pixelation was added later.)

He is right about the English version of the GTS OVA though.

LordShadowgorath

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 08:19:16 pm »
Got it guys, thanks for the help...

A recent email I sent to Sogna was answered with basically the same answer. I didn't know that most of the VIPER games were never translated beyond the Japanese language.

Ill be sure to pass this on to a few friends over on YouTube who were wondering the same thing...

Now I just have to guess what Carrera is saying in V6R and GTS....

Why does the Japanese government censor things? I mean, I think we know whats going on.

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 01:50:10 am »
I think that censor law was passed when the british or english came in, and started changing a whole bunch of things.

You sent an email to SOGNA?!?!?!?  Where?! what address?!!?
Sogna has been out of business for quite a while now.
BlackShadow

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 10:15:04 pm »
A recent email I sent to Sogna was answered with basically the same answer.

You sent that to me.  The real Sogna was dissolved many years ago.  My Sogna Digital Museum site is just a fan site, something of a memorial to the original.  Plus its a way to dump the wealth of Sogna and VIPER knowledge I have in my head along with a lot of researched data not available elsewhere for others to enjoy and thereby keep interest in the Sogna and VIPER series going.  In short, this forum is the discussion facet of the Sogna/VIPER fan community while my site is the informational repository: two sides of the same coin.

I am in no way associated with the original Sogna.  It just so happened that many years ago I found out that I knew more about VIPER than just about anyone else outside of Japan, and, along with fellow VIPER fan Hyperguy, we eventually set up this forum to become what it is now.  My site is more an extension of the discussion of this forum than a derivative of the original Sogna site.

That of course is not to say I wouldn't be thrilled to bring in original Sogna members into this group! P-Warrior, if you're out there, make yourself known to us! (You can even keep wearing your mask.)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 02:00:21 am »
JG is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
D:

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:09:44 am »
If I was, don't you think I'd already have a complete VIPER collection?

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 06:10:41 pm »
You'd probably have your entire collection all sold by now, to pay off all the bills from Sogna's bankruptcy.
BlackShadow