Author Topic: Mega Man  (Read 12440 times)

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Unicorn Overlord
    • Onna Hole
Re: Mega Man
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 07:16:20 pm »
True.  The game is very difficult, but there's enough to pad the game's difficulty.  The four easiest bosses are on the four corners, so i recommend taking them down first.

MMX

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 10:29:50 pm »
I couldn't even get to the boss in the demo.

and like... hey i feel you guys... you know, you pro-mm players that used to beat Mega Man 2 and 3 in like 30 minutes and gloat over guys like me who couldn't even get past Bubble Man's level... but this is taking it too far.

You say padding like "story" and other BS but... I mean... is that all mega man is?  Hardcore grinding difficulty and a complete lack of anything else?

Granted I will admit that every single Mega Man game that came out after Mega Man X3 (did Rockman and Forte come out after X3 or before I don't recall?... I think before) is complete and utter shit but that's not because of lack of difficulty and "too much" story!

It's because the levels are poorly designed, neither difficult or easy, simply boring and unintuitive, and the story is a gnarly piece of shit!

We can't go back to the NES days... I mean maybe for the graphics i'll admit fucking Mega Man 9 (which replaces R&F unfortunately in storyline canon =/) is a fucking gorgeous diamond I just wanna have sex with the MM sprites deamn.

but NES days developers created levels and games with archaic tools!  We should expect and demand utmost in level design!!  not just say "make it hard who cares about the level itself" bah...

bah whatever... i know nobody else ever agrees with me that's why MM9 is selling on the VLC/XBL/PS Store like hotcakes...  I remember when i was a kid I used to want to be a game developer... fuck if I ever did my games would all tank I'm always so out of touch with the real gamers...

gman14

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 04:16:48 am »
X8 was better than X7 in my opinion..though I had to endure playing X8 using a keyboard =P.