Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Collections & Acquisitions / Re: New High Prices for Viper Artwork
« Last post by JG on February 27, 2024, 02:32:58 pm »
It's a former Sogna employee, most likely an artist who helped draw the in-between frame animations. They've sold enough to convince me that they are former Sogna/Silence employee, not a generic collector, and they sell some non-Sogna art too which leads me to believe they're a support artist-for-hire.

I also can't ever seem to win any to their auctions. I really don't want to be paying $400+ for the art, with some of them running upwards of a grand. I have them bookmarked because its two or three times a month they'll have these auctions - and much of it is unique promotional art.
VIPER Galleries / Re: Zbrush sculpting
« Last post by 黒い灯影 on February 27, 2024, 02:07:33 am »
These are really cool! Appreciate people showing off their work.

Been thinking about getting into 3D sculpting, the low poly variety like the first generation 3D games.
Thanks, i hope to get good enough to print out my own Cala statue.. lol

Was able to put some work in the head

Edit: added another progress pic
Non-Hentai Video Games / Re: It's a thread! (Games discussion, etc.)
« Last post by Moge on February 26, 2024, 05:50:55 pm »
Pretty meh Direct overall. Unicorn Overlord was the highlight for me, with the demo being shadowdropped was a nice surprise. Ending the Direct with Endless Ocean was an interesting choice. I remember that series being a cult hit, but it's been well over a decade since the previous entry. I'm not the audience for that game, but i do appreciate the sentiment of Nintendo continually giving these somewhat obscure franchises new life.

It's strange that Nintendo has made profile pics for Earthbound Beginnings available on NSO. Cool game, but it feels rather random when their new games like Princess Peach Showtime or Another Code aren't getting any pics.
VIPER Galleries / Re: Zbrush sculpting
« Last post by Moge on February 26, 2024, 05:31:15 pm »
These are really cool! Appreciate people showing off their work.

Been thinking about getting into 3D sculpting, the low poly variety like the first generation 3D games.
VIPER Galleries / Zbrush sculpting
« Last post by 黒い灯影 on February 26, 2024, 02:50:06 am »
Wanted to take up 3D sculpting,
its gonna be a while until a get good, though.  I need more practice.
A WIP Cala sculpt, and a WIP Maranello sculpt.
Translation Efforts / Re: ChatGPT - another great translation tool
« Last post by 黒い灯影 on February 26, 2024, 01:16:19 am »
i like using ChatGPT's image analysis feature now, you still gotta fight with it for NSFW stuff though,
but you can lie to it to get it to answer you, like you can tell it you said this in a different reply, continue with "something you want it to start the reply with.."
« Last post by uphillbattle on February 25, 2024, 09:25:09 am »
final tally for his auctions that just ended is at 472,841 yen, a little over $3100 in todays exchange rate, I honestly must have bid a total of $2500 myself on the pieces lol. Honestly it makes me wish we could pool together and crush these auctions and bring em to the home team! Either that, or maybe motivate me to just make my own cel-like art work of our favorite viper girls.
« Last post by uphillbattle on February 25, 2024, 09:15:08 am »
I was literally just in a bidding war for a few more production art pieces that showed up, needless to say I lost all of them. But yeah, every single listing was by one user, and it probably was the same guy, who is either a crazy collector in need of money, or a former worker for Sogna himself.

« Last post by JG on February 21, 2024, 11:36:31 am »
Another dud Direct. I don't know what Nintendo is doing here. Missed Everybody 1+2 Switch last year, now skipping highlights of Mario vs Donkey King and Princess Peach: Showtime in Directs. Do they even want to sell their own games?

And the lineup for today's Switch entries was not all that exciting. I guess the Monster Hunters Stories game may be okay but graphics not improved all that much over 3DS and doesn't look anything close to more modern Monster Hunter games. Epic Mickey had potential to nail it but the phrasing "faithful remake" tells me its going to be as absurdly hard as the original, so it's again going to overshoot its target audience (children) who find the game just too damn difficult as it was on Wii. And Fantasy Life i was way too far off (October 10) to be in a spring Direct (and yes, its the same 10/10 release in Japan, so its not a matter of being in western Direct to coincide with an earlier date in the Japanese direct.) Fantasy Life i was showcased already last year, so it indicates something has gone wrong in development to introduce such a delay - and now we're likely to see it show up in a third direct later this year. I'm also miffed that Plucky Squire never showed up indicating its also run into some kind of development delay to push it until second half, too. Some other games like Penny's Big Breakaway and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Rumble, and South Park may be moderate successes, but Directs are usually anchored by a major hit, and this one came up empty. I don't know what the expectation for Endless Ocean: Luminous is, but it sure doesn't look like an anchor hit to me. Princess Peach Showtime and Thousand Year Door look like they're much higher sellers. If Pokemon Direct on the 27th offers the rumored Gen 5 remakes, or Let's Go sequels, they'll also far outsell Endless Ocean.

And the anger at the Japanese developers is increasing. Japanese Direct did indeed get a preview of Dragon Quest X Online: The Door to the Future and the Sleeping Girl while we still have no word on Dragon Quest X Offline localizations. And Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by announcing Mother 3 was coming to the Japanese Nintendo Switch Online set, a game highly desired for translation in the west for even longer than DQ X, and Nintendo supposed promised years ago they wouldn't touch the series again or port the game without a formal translation.

Grounded led off the show and Pentiment showed up later, and these are Xbox Game Studios games. R.C. Pro Am, Snake Rattle n Roll, Battletoads, Killer Instinct, and Blast Corps are all Rare games and Rare is now a subsidiary of Xbox Game Studios. So it seems all but certain Xbox Game Studios is going to start porting over many games to Switch and Switch successor hardware (like the recent Battletoads reboot), and maybe even make new unique games specific to Switch. I'm going out on a limb, but I suspect a Killer Instinct game for the successor hardware is under development. Microsoft may not find much success challenging series like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and King of Fighters on their own hardware, but Nintendo hardware is much more viable territory for a lesser known fighting game series, especially with Smash Bros Ultimate aging out and no apparent sequel on the way. Killer Instinct as a new hardware launch title has some potential. Its a genre Nintendo probably doesn't have in their launch lineup and a good opportunity for Rare/Xbox to reboot the franchise.
« Last post by Moge on February 07, 2024, 04:48:29 pm »
I thought the State of Play was fine for what it is. I'm happy to finally see Until Dawn leave the PS4 platform with a remaster on PC and PS5. Been hearing so many horror fans rave about that game over the years that's it made me very curious. I'm kinda meh on the Silent Hill 2 remake. The original still looks good today, and everything i've seen from the remake looks like a very questionable reinterpretation.

I've watched a few of Sakurai's videos. They're incredibly informative as someone who's trying to get into game development.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10