Author Topic: Tools for Viper  (Read 8105 times)

Guerrilla_Cheez

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • "I feel badly about what I've done with children"
Tools for Viper
« on: March 11, 2006, 12:11:25 am »
are there any good translating tools out there(that don't screw with your comp) that work for viper series, especially CTR, I would really like to know whats happening to that guy. I guess Im getting soft when I really want to know the story of a hentai game but oh well. Like I felt sad when the main guy gets beat the first time by the apparent bad ass and I believe main girl is banged by the bad ass b/c you hear her moan in the blue haired girls ear piece. Or is that some random girl moaning and Im making it out to be something its not.  See i need a translating tool, cause I want to know what the hell is happening.
"Knowing is half the battle.."

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Tools for Viper
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 10:03:21 pm »
My translating tool is on hold becuase I can't get anyone around here to help playtest it. As of yet, none of the board regulars has stood up to the challenge. (And I'm only accepting testing from the board regulars at this time please.)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:21:18 pm »
Well, there is OhTextHooker!.

It's got a translation plug-in, though personally I've never gotten it to work correctly.

I have been able to use it to get the Japanese text though, which I drop into a translation program like Babelfish.

Part of the reason why I haven't used JG's program is because I think it does the same thing as OhTextHooker!.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:28:35 pm »
Except I can make logs of the game text, and provide a pretty good translation if someone woudl help generate the logs for me.

Almagesto

• VIPER Initiate
  • Prinny dood...?
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 05:43:05 pm »
I'm not really what you would call a resident... but i can help you during week-ends, JG. Will you let me help you?

makaze

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 08:56:07 am »
It sounds like you need a translation, not just a tool. Babelfish is virtually useless when it comes to Japanese. I could recommend a different machine translator but I don't know how effective it will be on games like this. This is extremely..."casual" language if you know what I mean.