Author Topic: YTF today  (Read 6734 times)

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
YTF today
« on: September 15, 2011, 01:49:32 pm »
Don't mean to bring back some unpleasant memories, but i've taken an interest in reading up on this site's history.

I present to you a short interview with the man that started it all, cause i had nothing better to do.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: YTF today
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 06:21:50 pm »
For the record, YTF is welcome to come back here at any time.  He has simply chosen otherwise and that's perfectly ok.  But to my knowledge, the "guy he knows" no longer posts here and hasn't visited in over a year - and I do wish that someday we could make amends.  The door's always open.  I for one harbor no ill will toward him for his decision to leave and once or twice a year still drop by his board to see what's going on.

Also, CoA will not tolerate discrimation against any member who wishes to be active on both his board and ours - in fact, I encourage it if what our board offers and what his offers both suit your tastes.  However, I'm sad to see he doesn't share this openmindedness and considers us all rotten for something one person did.  If he's reading this then I hope he at least reconsiders his last statement regarding any members that may migrate from our site to his.

He's right though -- bunnygirls are awesome.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:28:16 pm »
Was YTF here before you, JGOO?

Is the guy he's mentioning ROMate?

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:57:28 am »
The guy he's mentioning was Will/Liam/DeadCrescendo, a former moderator here whom he knew in real life(they both used to live in Michigan).  ROMate's someone else entirely(a former roommate of mine).

Judging by the response you got, YTF's still in drama mode.

From my perspective, here's what happened in brief:

1. This one guy whom I don't remember happened to be a fan of YTF's site, so he created the first Bakunyuu Baka forum, of which YTF, myself, and JG00 were members of.

2. That site ended up closing down on account of the webhost disappearing.  That affected me also since I had hosting with that company at the time.  Lost out about $50 on that stint.  Mother fucker!  More importantly, there was now no Bakunyuu Baka forum.

3. I ended up finding hosting somewhere else and in addition to bringing Hyperguy.net over to it, I went and made a forum, because A) this was when I was most interested in forums and B) I felt like I could do a better job than that one guy who set up the original Bakunyuu Baka forum(that is, customize it and generate discussion as opposed to just have a vanilla forum).  There were a couple other reasons also.  No Viper forum on the web at the time, and no good hentai forums.  Were there good hentai forums on the web at the time, I would have joined them instead of making one.

4. The forum became moderately popular and saw a lot of changes that year.  We changed the name from The H-Forum to Congress of Awesome, changed the forum software from phpBB to SMF, and things like that.  Posting was at an all time high.  Meanwhile, I believe another Bakunyuu Forum was created at some point, but for whatever reason it ended up collapsing, which left its members with no place to post about giant breasts and the like.

5. One day I was talking to YTF over AIM and offered forum space if he ever needed it.  Seeing as how we do share similar interests and our forum users were similar enough, it sounded like a great idea the time.

6. As such, the Bakunyuu Baka subforum was created, with YTF as the moderator in charge of it.  I pretty much let them do as they pleased within it, and let YTF know that if he ever had any trouble with anything to let me know about it.  This is probably the most important thing I ever told him in regards to it, because even as bad things were happening, they never messaged me about any of it.

I could have taken care of a lot of the problems members were having had they been brought to my attention.  At the time I was working multiple jobs on top of a full courseload so I didn't really have the option to read every single thread.

7. Things eventually came to a breaking point when via team effort of some forum members being critical and other forum members victimizing themselves a fallout occurred.  Not everyone was affected really.  Just the people who were insensitive to other's tastes(the offenders) and the people who were sensitive to other's criticism(the perpetual victims).  Much drama ensued.

At its culmination, YTF got fed up and declared that they would delete all of their boards.  That's when I had to step in and revoke YTF's moderator status, and "rescue the board from deletion" as it were.

---

After that, YTF had pretty much had his fill and stopped posting altogether.  Even his supporters thought deleting the Bakunyuu Baka forums out one giant dramatic swoop was just a bad idea.  I'd imagine the whole bit left a bad taste in his mouth, so he probably feels resentful about a few of the things that transpired.

Resentful of Will, for on one hand being their friend in real life, yet being the opposite of one online, resentful of any criticisms of the "bakunyuu baka lifestyle"* or nonpandering to victimization, and maybe even resentful of me, for not doing as much as I could have without someone nudging me to tell me what's wrong.  Maybe even a little embarassed once he realized how much things had been blow out of proportion, especially since his supporters were coming back down to earth and realizing that it's not that end of the world if people on the internet disagree, and that entire forums shouldn't be deleted because of it.

But I'll never really know, and at this point in time, don't really care.  It's all in the past now.

And I feel like I've told this story at least 6 times by now.  :(

---

*Bakunyuu Baka is Japanese for "explosive breast idiot", that is, a person who's an idiot for large breasts.  That's it.  It's a fetish.  But, the whole Bakunyuu Baka thing on these forums were essentially people allowing themselves to be defined by their fetish, and as a result, to claim personal injury whenever the fetish--not the person, was criticized or questioned.  In other words, a perpetual victim who felt that they were always being judged or mistreated by people who didn't also like large breasted 2D women.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 08:00:51 pm »
Was YTF here before you, JGOO?

Depends on your point of view.  He was definately on the original Bakanyuu Baka board that HG mentioned before I was.  I beleive I discovered his site though the original BB board.  When HG set up his phpBB board as replacement I can't remember who joined that one first, him or me.  I registered on the new SMF board before he did though and that's what we're all viewing today (Has it really been six and half years!?)

Until the fallout YTF and I were pretty good netfriends.  I remember how: He had just started the Natsune section when I came across his site, and being a Battle Team Lakers fan myself, I gave him alot of the images I had ripped from the game and together we had basically put together the first Natsune "shrine".

Is the guy he's mentioning ROMate?

Hyperguy has answered this, although I was trying not to for the sake of both Will and YTF, as I'd like to think that I was still rather respected by both of them after the fallout and and tried to mediate everything. (HG was ill-suited to this task for having stepped in against YTF.)

I could see both their views:  In YTF's defense, he had, or perhaps still has, in his mind an image of what constitutes the perfect woman.  Yes big breasts were a component but I knew YTF well enough to know that wasn't all he cared about as he also simultaneously liked very strong women and the very shy women, which are generally incompatible.

Will though is far more pragmatic and saw YTF's aspirations as unrealistic and unhealthy.  He started to poke and prod his friend in and effort to get him to change, eventually gaining the support of other "non-Bakas" as we called them.  The non-Bakas eventually got to be too much for YTF to take, alot of unnecessary posts went back and forth, before long YTF had had enough of it and declared his was going to use his nuclear option to basically get rid of all the non-Bakas' posts.

I have to agree with HG for taking away YTF's moderator rights before it came to that, and we did clean up the more offensive posts individually.  Unfortunately that wasn't enough for YTF and he left.  I knew YTF wasn't happy with the treatment he was receiving form the non-Bakas but I didn't realize it was getting to him so much or I would have done more to prevent the whole situation.

One thing to remember in this whole situation is that YTF and Will and probably most of the other Bakas and non-Bakas involved were all 17-19 years old at the time, and its easy to blow things out of porportion when you're that age.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:04:04 pm by JG00 »

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:54:45 pm »
This guy is Liam, right?

I'm surprised matters went south, especially over something fictional.

Oh, wait. I see Darkcrescendo now! How can an old member like him end up with zero rep?

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 12:46:09 am »
Because they're two different accounts.

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »
I love how every time I come back to the boards there's always another thread about the Bakunyuu Bakas on the first page.

This place wouldn't be the same without it.  It makes it feel all nice and cozy.  Like a pair of huge, pendulous milkbags in my face.  Mmmm.