Author Topic: Network Problems  (Read 4297 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Network Problems
« on: December 27, 2012, 08:17:10 am »
My network's router is acting up.  I'm not sure what's causing it but it froze up last night and I thought it was unrepairable but it was magically working again this morning.  Of course, I had to push the little red button to set it back to factory settings while testing it, so the web server routing wasn't available until a short time ago.  If you tried to access SDM last night or early this morning, apologies if it didn't work.

If this problem continues to happen, I'll be investing in a new router.  The one I have is about 7 or 8 years old anyway.  Of course, this week is the WORST week of the year to be buying a router, so I'm hoping it'll hold off until some sales come along in the new year.

If it does go down again, I'll extend the Year End Sale accordingly.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Network Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:01:00 pm »
Was working when I got home from work and checked email.  Stopped working as soon as I turned on the Xbox after dinner.  I beleive it has a memory fault that fires when a new DHCP connection is made and the router goes through a reboot loop over and over until it finds a range of non-corrupted memory to operate in.

So I've replaced it with a new router.  I'll be happy if it lasts 7 or 8 years like the last one (a Linksys WRT300N)

Also, my new router couldn't grab the IP held by the old router from my ISP (173.247.25.84), so I've had to update my DNS zone files with the new IP (173.247.25.37) -- could take a few hours for this to propogate across the internet landscape.  (I don't have static IP, but its very stable -- 173.247.25.84 was held since January 20.)   So even though the network was probably up most of the day and should be up now for most people, I can't be sure so I'm going ahead and extending the Year End Sale prices to January 2.   Buying something from the shop would really help offset the cost of this new hardware! :smalltran

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
Re: Network Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:50:19 pm »
Woohoo! Extended sale!

That's all i understood from your technical jargon.