Author Topic: VIPER Music Collection I  (Read 11105 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
VIPER Music Collection I
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:00:33 pm »
My copy of VIPER Music Collection I finally arrived today, after about five weeks by boat from Japan.  So I can now share with you more Sogna goodies.

For the visually inclined:
* The eight page booklet has a sentence or two about each track, except for a more in depth description of the story track (8).  It also includes the lyrics for tracks 2 and 13 and the ubiquitous credits.  Somebody with more time should translate this stuff. { cover | 1-2 | 3-4 | 5-6 }
* The wrap-around spine card, typical of Japanese CDs. { spine }
* The tray insert is pretty standard fare. { tray }
* Nothing remarkable about the CD, either. { cd }
* It came with a registration card.  I knew the games came with them but wasn't expecting such from the audio CDs. { outside | inside }
* I was happy to discover it came with a pair of VIPER collectible cards: 105, featuring GTB preview art; and 106, featuring the two forms of Mika from M1. { 105 front | 105 back | 106 front | 106 back }

For the aurally inclined:
* 01 - VIPER Theme - Sogna later adopted this as the title theme for V6 R and V8 R.
* 02 - You're My Hero (Vocal)
* 03 - Bravan Slash
* 04 - Clime Game
* 05 - My Home
* 06 - You're My Treasure
* 07 - Move Me Bass - How they arrived at this English name from the Japanese (which I translated as A Pardon Granted from Heaven) I'll probably never know...
* 08 - Drama - Ratty and Carrera go out on the town, where they run into Cyomi and mass chaos ensues.  I'm pretty sure they're taking gunshots at each other this time.
* 09 - Battle Field in Dojyo - Asukachan99, this would be fantastic to use as the title theme in your new game.
* 10 - Too Cold
* 11 - Power Slum
* 12 - Shadow
* 13 - Because You Are Shining (Vocal) - Some of you may recognize this remix of the V10 original was used as the Island series theme.
* 14 - Night in the Park
* 15 - Harlem Dance
* 16 - You're My Hero (Original Karaoke)
* 17 - Because You Are Shining (Original Karaoke)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:10:03 pm by JG00 »

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: VIPER Music Collection I
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:34:59 pm »
Bonus information: the drama track (#8) is 11 minutes, 6 seconds long.  That's 666 seconds total.  Merely coincidence?

Cashino

• 魔王
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Females beware: I have tentacles.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 11:37:00 pm »
Bonus information: the drama track (#8) is 11 minutes, 6 seconds long.  That's 666 seconds total.  Merely coincidence?

A hint of/to devils? (common knowledge 666)

Or perhaps great luck? (Chinese [non-Cantonese] myth, compare to 777 in the West)

Or perhaps both?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:16:00 am by Cashino »

Mirai Doft

• Hero
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • *¬*
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 10:39:49 pm »
I've been looking for a mp3 of "Because you are shining" for quite some time, many thanks to you.
I like big bOObs and I can not lie!

neekee

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 09:26:54 pm »
Hey there ~

Would you happen to own VIPER Music Collection II, and if that's the case would you consider sharing it as well ? Pretty please ? ^___^

I never played the Viper games, eventhough I'm not entirely unfamiliar with the universe (*cough*), but am what you could call a video game music enthusiast. I really liked the VIPER Music Collection I CD and would love to hear the second volume as well.

I was also wondering, is the music in the games as good as what you hear on the CD ? I mean, are those arrangements or are they taken straight from the game. Since volume I is originally from 1995 I would assume the PC88/98 versions of earlier games didn't have CDDA tracks.

Anyways, cheers ~

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 03:27:25 pm »
I have VMC 2, but I've never gotten around to ripping the tracks from it and including it on the Music page.

For most of the earlier games, the audio was MIDI.  That's why the VMC CDs exist in the first place - to present remastered high quality versions of the tunes.  However, the PC98's audio system is a good deal better than IBM PC-compatible, so the audio is actually better in the original games than the Windows ports.

The Windows games didn't get full CDDA audio until VIPER-M1 and VIPER-GTB.

neekee

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 03:39:11 am »
I have VMC 2, but I've never gotten around to ripping the tracks from it and including it on the Music page.

For most of the earlier games, the audio was MIDI.  That's why the VMC CDs exist in the first place - to present remastered high quality versions of the tunes.  However, the PC98's audio system is a good deal better than IBM PC-compatible, so the audio is actually better in the original games than the Windows ports.

The Windows games didn't get full CDDA audio until VIPER-M1 and VIPER-GTB.

Thanks for the info ! I love the PC98 FM sound myself. I guess you're familiar with HOOT ? Would be cool to make recordings of those actually ^^  >>>  http://snesmusic.org/hoot/v2/?company=Sogna

If you ever feel like ripping the second volume, let me know aha ~

neekee

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 12:16:41 pm »
Still a taker if you ever decide to encode this VMC 2  ;)

Monno

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 09:40:08 am »
It would be nice to see both music collections ripped in lossless.