Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm getting rid of my board.  (Read 29888 times)

Yuka Takeuchi Fan

• Loseriffic Pervert
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Yuka Takeuchi Fan's Severe Waste of Time
ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm getting rid of my board.
« on: August 06, 2006, 01:30:28 pm »
I am going to erase my section of the board on Saturday, August 19.

As it turns out, for reasons that I could tell... probably that I SHOULD tell... it's getting pretty obvious that we (as in people who came here through my site) quite simply are not welcome here.

What's more, I'm not bringing back any sort of big-bust discussion board anytime soon. It's proven that I'm going to find nothing but headaches in trying to keep one going, so I'm not going to keep trying anymore. It's just not worth it.

I will move the General Anime board to a different part of the forum, and probably the Story Board as well, although I'm considering adding a new section to my site where you can give me your stories and I'll post 'em there.

Discuss as you wish, and if you've got any unfinished business as far as picture or link-grabbing to do, you'd better be very quick about it, because unless something delays me on the 19th specifically, everything in "Big Boobie Talky" will cease to exist at that date.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:03:41 pm by Hyperguy »

Civility is overrated, don't you think?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm getting rid of my board.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:01:44 pm »
Why? Because people occasionally disagree with it? It's a forum, you're gonna get that. Don't let this latest spat discourage you, man. It'll blow over and we'll all roll on.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 02:04:18 pm »
Just say the word and I'll have him taken down to size, Mr. YTF...
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

Yuka Takeuchi Fan

• Loseriffic Pervert
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Yuka Takeuchi Fan's Severe Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 02:13:45 pm »
Why? Because people occasionally disagree with it? It's a forum, you're gonna get that. Don't let this latest spat discourage you, man. It'll blow over and we'll all roll on.

You must think I'm either blind or illiterate! I read that little thread in the Moderator Forum. Apparently it's OUR FAULT that Hyperguy.net is No Longer What It Once Was. We used to have female posters, we used to talk about cool shit all the time, we used to have that Fried Chicken thing, so on and so on, on a board that I never ever meant to interfere with anyone else's business on this board, that I THOUGHT could co-exist as separate entities.

I admit I stuck to the highlights in that paragraph, but reading all I did made me as offended as I've ever been in my life. My take on the matter is that if you all hate us this goddamned much, then I'll take my board and shove it up my ass. That should get rid of this bakunyuu shit. Right?

Civility is overrated, don't you think?

Yoko Matsugane Lover

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • King1129
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 02:19:51 pm »
Well i guess thats the end of me

Kiinan Yamasu

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 02:22:32 pm »
Once the boobie board is gone, so am I. It has been proven that we Bakunyuus aren't wanted.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:25:54 pm by Yuka Takeuchi Fan »

Harada Fan

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 02:23:11 pm »
Great! just great....

Yoko Matsugane Lover

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • King1129
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 02:31:34 pm »
Once the boobie board is gone, so am I. It has been proven that we Bakunyuus aren't wanted.

Yep,i guess it was fun while it lasted but i'll miss you guys

*Grabs ZeroVirus's Hand and Walks Away*

Kiinan Yamasu

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 02:36:34 pm »
Huh, I guess the man doesn't like the voice of the people comin' down.

But yeah, it was fun.

*does the Bakunyuu Salute, which is groping the air and saying "MOGE MOGE MOGE", then leaves*

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 02:39:52 pm »
So...because one guy thinks that way, you're gonna just bail out? Lots of good came out of you guys moving here, too. ImportGamer has been a big help kick-starting the gaming forum. There was that one thread of total ownage where you aced that Milk Junkies kid. YML has managed to dig up quite a few lovely ladies from the internets. We've been handed a source of decent-to-good fanfiction (as opposed to the slop festering in other sites).

Yeah, we had female posters once upon a time. There were maybe 2 of them. They were destined to move on regardless of your arrival.This is a site geared towards young men. There's not much here for them, and the two we had weren't very pro-active about establishing content that girls could enjoy. Us guys aren't gonna do it, because we don't have much interest in it. And yeah, I guess we used to talk about cool shit. That's nobody's fault. We just need more folks to find wierd stuff and post about it. Centurion's Galkachick is like that. It's the same stuff that our fried chicken joke is made of. The lack of any of that stuff may or may not be connected to your arrival. Until it's proven that yes, it is indeed the fault of the YTF boards, there's no need for you guys to worry about it. Stick around. There's plenty of room in this place for all that old school hyperguy.net stuff to grow.

As for me, I personally don't get this latest thread with the boobs the size of houses. It's bizarre. I don't agree with it. The biggest I can go is the gravure ladies we've had roll through here. I think it's wierd that some of you guys enjoy that. But hell, if you like it, go for it. And if you get people with dissenting opinions, like me, then that's their business. It's an open forum, they can tell you they don't like it. The problem comes when one side or the other starts taking it too personal. I didn't keep good track of the "biggest of the big" thread, so I don't know how that whole shindig got started. I think everyone's overreacting a fair bit, and we need to just step back and cool off. Cutting out this section of the site won't solve a whole lot. In the end, it'll probably hurt the site worse than if we were to let this latest flame war burn itself out.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

R-9

• Orky
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 02:45:25 pm »
Now I may be in the minority, but one thing I've never done on the internet is run. The only thing is, this flaming stuff from the outside of YTF's board has really started ramping up over the past couple of days, and it doesn't look like  he's going to ever let it go. It's not the dissenting opinion that I mind.
Oh, little ice cream friends, Thog delay his boredom-driven rampage only for you.

Muhznit

• Some kind of RPG Platform Hentai Game
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Bakunyuu Otaku
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 05:16:03 pm »
Team Bakunyuu's blasting off agaaaaaiiiin! *gets shot*

I'll be at my deviant art site (Gamedragon89) if anyone needs me.

Then again, maybe GameFAQs or Stick Arena. Oh well
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 05:22:40 pm by Muhznit »

Yoko Matsugane Lover

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • King1129
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 05:38:19 pm »
Well im gonna start looking for more forums to join,and i need a new image host cause Imagefap sucks,but its alright i'm keeping busy though

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 05:49:56 pm »
Now wait just a goddamned minute.

You're going to pack up the board and leave for good? Because I disagreed with something? Is that how it works? Have I EVER insulted YML? Have I insulted ZeroVirus outside of being a joke about his Naruto fandom? have I ever insulted YOU BO?

No, I insult a very small amount of people who tend to annoy me, it's no different than anything else in life, I insult people, you know me in real life, you hang out with me in real life, you know me better than ANYONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD EVER HAS OR EVER WILL. Hell you know things about me that could destroy me if ever told, I can't deal with this. I can't hurt my brother.

It is because of this, that I now put forward a truce.

I will no longer act out against the bakunyuus, but they should stay, I did not want it to come to this, and should I act out like this EVER AGAIN. I will request at my own doing, that I be stripped of my rank and title and banned from the board.

Do not leave the board, I don't want you to leave, stay. I just wanted more quality and less other stuff. I'm sorry. ok? Don't leave. Because I get the feeling if you leave, our friendship will be affected, and I don't want to lose one of 4 people I trust wholly in this world.

I set forward my fullest apology , and I can seriously say this will NOT happen again. I will drop the subject, please....just don't leave Bo. Come on.

Centurion

• Spear Knight 92/50
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 06:23:21 pm »
Honestly, if my little joke offended you, just come out and say it. It was a joke. I have nothing against you "bakunyuu" or whatever you call yourself. You guys actually do post some really good shit. I used to lurk that part of the forum specifically before I joined the whole thing. I'll admit it. I figured maybe some humor could be thrown into the "Big Boobie Talky". That doesnt seem to fly, so I apologize.

And no... Liam Eefting had nothing to do with my posting that pic. Dont pin that shit on him because of a joke that I pulled.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 06:27:26 pm »
Your joke didn't offend them. its my being an asshole

Yoko Matsugane Lover

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • King1129
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 06:38:30 pm »
Your joke didn't offend them. its my being an asshole

Come on don't be so rough on yourself

MMX

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 09:28:33 pm »
Wate wuht?

... Well, at the very least, can anybody convince HyperGuy to put up a big boobie talkie board of his own once the YML clique leaves?  I will miss it. =/

Kaizoshun

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 11:53:45 pm »
Well if ya gotta go, ya gotta go , sorry. I may not have been on here much but this has been one of my favorite boards. So if yur not leavin then thats great but if you are then in  the immortal words of Ichimaru

"BYE BYE"

Yoko Matsugane Lover

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • King1129
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 12:56:47 am »
Well if ya gotta go, ya gotta go , sorry. I may not have been on here much but this has been one of my favorite boards. So if yur not leavin then thats great but if you are then in  the immortal words of Ichimaru

"BYE BYE"

and who the hell are you???