Author Topic: VIPER-BTR Pics  (Read 18076 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
VIPER-BTR Pics
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:03:09 pm »
As promised earlier, here's a lot of never-before seen on the web material from the VIPER-BTR game I purchased.

Hopefully you guys don't kill my bandwidth looking at this stuff.  Hyperguy, if you can pull this off my site and move it over to yours, that might be a big help.

What's included:
- 1 clamshell case with insert
- 1 16-page user manual
- 1 user response postcard
- 1 copy of the 8-page Sogna Information Vol. 1 (not pictured above)
- 1 4-track cd single
- 8 diskettes (1 installer and 7 data)

The clamshell case is exactly the same size as a NEO*GEO case, but a slightly different style.  There's no U-shaped cutout on the outside, all four sides of the inner liner are present (instead of an open C shape), and the insert can only go in from the top, not from either side, like NEO*GEO cases.  Sogna also places a sticker of their logo on the inside of the case.

The insert is nothing special.  There is a refective silver "18" sticker on the spine which is interesting.

The user manual is a little disappointing.  The cover is colored but its black and white inside.  There's no review of V12 or other past VIPER games.  Very little character description.  And most puzzling, no credits page.  There are some things on interest on pages 8 and 9 though.  Most of the text speaks about the upcoming Windows version of V16, which was nearly done by the time of BTR's publication.  It meantions the four planned T series games (of which BTR was 2nd, CTR was on the way, and GTB was undoubtedly started.)   There's also an early mention of the title "RSR" being planned as an RPG (and this is before CTR was even finished), the earliest I've ever seen an RSR reference (yes it really did take them over 6 years to make the game.)   Also, prospective plans for the upcoming F series appear.  F40 (which they were already working on when BTR came out) is listed, as is F50, which had apparently already been identified as a Future Investigaor Bravan sequel by this point.  Had they gone beyond those two, the next would have been named F355 and F512.  As you can see, Sogna continuously bit off more than they could chew.
Cover | Pages 2 & 3 | Pages 4 & 5 | Pages 6 & 7 | Pages 8 & 9 | Pages 10 & 11 | Pages 12 & 13 | Pages 14 & 15

Sogna included a post card so buyers could grade the game and send it back to Sogna in the hopes Sogna could improve their games.  BTR's one of the best, so it probably got high ranks.
Front | Back

For those of you that have never seen Sogna Information Vol. 1, here's a copy I've had for some time now.  I didn't scan these though.  It's basically a "what's new" publication, trying to show other VIPER products that have recently gone on sale.  It also has a short interview with P-Warrior (he likes to do interviews.)  Also has some previews of new character designs and telecas.
Pages: ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
(I thought these were in hyperguy's gallery somewhere, but I can't find it - otherwise I would have just linked to his copies.)

The 8cm CD single is the gold mine of exclusive stuff.  I had thought it contained two tracks of remastered music from the game, but instead it has two original songs, in normal and karaoke formats.  Those of you who consider yourself aurally-inclined will appreciate the MP3s.  Nice inside joke from Sogna here as well: they give the vocal credits to "Kirara Hoshino".  In case my Daily Viper Factoid Quiz hasn't made it clear, that's the name of the idol singer from Animahjong X.
I've translated the names of the songs, too.  "思い出の十字架" ("omoide no juujika" in romanji) translates to "Memories of the Cross".  Note that juujika implies a cruciform, or Christian cross, which seems really odd on a CD dedicated to a game like BTR...)   "大人はステキ!" ("otona wa suteki!" in romanji) best translates to Lovely Adult!.  That title is more in-line with what we'd expect from VIPER-BTR.  Notice how they included the lyric "Parallel Serial Hi-res Pixel" (or "parareru shiriaru hairezo pikuseru") in the refrain.
Jacket Front/Top | Jacket Back | Jacket Inner | CD and Tray

CD tracks:
1. Memories of the Cross: ( mp3 )
2. Lovely Adult!: ( mp3 )
3. Memories of the Cross (Karaoke version): ( mp3 )
4. Lovely Adult! (Karaoke version): ( mp3 )
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:44:59 pm by JG00 »

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
Re: VIPER-BTR Pics
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:02:20 am »
Cool. Nice prize. I recognize the songs from Islands 1, I was wondering where those tunes were from (I recognized almost all the other remixed music in the Islands games).

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:39:29 pm »
Yes I had recognized them too but I couldnt place which game they were used in.  You, sir, win a rep point for your ears' hard work.
However, my BTR CD versions not only have the lyrics but its in stereo, too, so its still new.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 06:57:23 pm »
Thanks, though I owe it to just playing the games for the first time recently. It's fresh in my mind.
These really are the better versions though. I'm keeping them.

destructorv2

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:31:47 am »
Are those floppy disks? wow! thats so cool! its been a while since i've seen floppy disk games!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 06:13:43 pm »
Yes, and in 1996 floppy disk games weren't particularly rare.

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 08:27:58 pm »
man, you know your computer's old if it came with a "floppity" disk drive...  i REALLY need to save my money and upgrade...

oh well...  you think a floppy drive is worth keeping these days??  i've had this computer for about 4 or 5 years now, and not ONCE do i remember ever using my /A: drive...

ltpika

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:32:13 pm »
Not worth it. Besides, if you ever have need for it, you can buy a drive that'll connect via USB.

blah_blah

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 10:49:27 pm »
Is this game good?  I've never played it before.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 10:29:06 pm »
One of the better ones.  Not as good as CTR or GTB but better than just about everything else.

Nitorin

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-BTR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Titanfall
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 11:13:17 pm »
OMG this coolness I heard it works only on that old japanese pc...can you actually run the game using these?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 09:01:17 pm »
It only works on a PC98.  I've not tried taking my diskettes and creating my own hard drive image file for BTR (anyone who looks hard enough wouldn't need to anyway)