Poll

Who is your favorite?

Akira (Rise series, V16/GTB/GT1)
11 (55%)
Cala (RSR)
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: April 29, 2009, 08:00:22 pm

Author Topic: Akira (R1) vs Cala (G1): VGOTY2009: Tournament Final  (Read 12001 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Akira (R1) vs Cala (G1): VGOTY2009: Tournament Final
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:00:22 pm »
vs.

This is it.  The championship match in this year's VIPER Girl of the Year tournament.  And fittingly, it stars perhaps the two most enduring characters in the series, Akira and Cala.  Akira, heroine of Rise, has been a hit since she debuted.  RSR's heroine, Cala, on the other hand has seen her popularity skyrocket in the years since Sogna shut down.  But only one of these two can become VIPER Girl of the Year.

Who will be our innagural winner?  Vote now and help decide which girl is crowned champion on April 29th.

Before you vote, take a moment to review our two finalists' paths to victory:

AKIRA:
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

Kazuyo

Daniel

Narsha

Mika

Miki

As the overall number one seed, Akira's first few rounds were cakewalks, as Kazuyo and Daniel had little chance to prevail (as the voting proved).  In round 3, Akira crushed Narsha by a wide margin, much wider than the 1-4 matchup suggested.  Akira easily upended Mika in the divisional final but faced her toughest competition thus far in the semifinal round.  Miki is unbelievably popular on this site and many predicted she would be here instead.  Yet Akira proved victorious again - she has faced, seeding-wise, the hardest competition thus far, facing off against the highest possible seed available in each round: numbers 16, 8, 4, and 2 in the red dvisiion, and the opposing #1 seed in the semifinal.  Akira will need to do it one last time to become VIPER Girl of the Year.

CALA:
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

Komachikawa

Yuria

Anri

Julietta

Raika

Edage Katsura should be a proud man.  What would he have thought if, this many years after Sogna closed down, that the most popular VIPER girl, at least in the doujinshi circuit, isn't one of the VIPER V-series originals, but his creation, Cala, from the late RSR game?  Cala's fan works almost double that of Akira's these days and it's little wonder why.  On her way to the final she knocked out little known Komachikawa in the opener, then coasted past Yuria and Anri.  Julietta proved to be less a threat than originally expected in the all-RSR divisional final.  Raika gave Cala her first real test in the semifinal round, but there too Cala advanced.  A wide margin of victory is not needed this time though.  A one vote advantage in Cala's favor here will be enough to name her VIPER Girl of the Year.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:27:28 pm by JG00 »

Archman

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: Akira (R1) vs Cala (G1): VGOTY2009: Tournament Final
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:48:08 pm »
I thought it would be Miki, but Akira is just as deserving.  I'm kinda happy the two top girls come from what I think are the two top games, RSR and GTB.  Cala might have more recent popularity, but Akira has more game apperances and scenes.  Face it, Akira has pretty much been the face of Viper ever since the first Rise and her gifs are more common on the internet over any other viper character.  Looks, I call it a tie, amount of content, despite Cala's recent popularity, overall I give it to Akira, quality of games, it's close, I'm going with what I think is the best viper game ever RSR, and quality of scenes, again close, but I'm going with what I think has the best scenes ever the Cala RSR scenes.  Another factor is Akira is in one of only a few English translated games, which really makes the game a whole lot better.  It's really close, Akira is the face of Viper, but I'm can't get over how awesome Cala is in RSR.  I'm going with Cala. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:52:00 pm by Archman »

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:12:52 am »
Miki lost?! WTF?!

Ah well.  To celebrate the glorious victory of the winner i'll produce a vector image of her.  A bit inappropriate but i'll post my work here just so you know guys know i'm the real deal -->

Full res (1920x1185) -- http://www.mediafire.com/?yhzzhdt5rgq

Did that in two days, and will be complete soon with shadows.

dontpanic

• RSR Fan
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:53:24 am »
i am sure it's great, but apparently mediafire is quite slow/down.

variable_viper

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:09 am »
my vote goes to Akira 
Anime Gals' fanservice= Nose Bleeds

white33

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 05:45:25 am »
Cala has my vote.

Mirai Doft

• Hero
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • *¬*
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 08:30:57 pm »
Akira =D
I like big bOObs and I can not lie!

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 09:16:07 pm »
NNOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRgggghhhh!!!!

Well.. now there's seem to be no reason to live now....
BlackShadow

dontpanic

• RSR Fan
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 09:34:21 am »
the poll was clearly hacked.

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 11:06:06 am »
The better Viper character won out I'd say...

*skidaddles*

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 12:05:20 pm »
I voted for Cala, but I'd definitely consider Akira a fitting champion.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 03:30:45 pm »
I never would have seen this coming. I did vote for Akira as she more represented the rich universe of the series with all the different games and material she graced. Cala certainly had the potential to get to that level if Sogna had more time, but Akira already had it, and I couldn't overlook it. Except there were a few other Viper girls that I would have placed at Akira's level or higher, like Mika, Miki, or Carerra. These last few rounds had a perfect cross-section of popular characters, but the end results are somehow upside-down compared to what was expected.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 10:39:09 pm »
Akira was the overall #1 seed and Cala was overall #2.  It came down pretty much like I thought it would if we had 100 votes per poll instead of a dozen and half.  At that low rate I fully expected both Miki and Cala to beat Akira, just because of their popularity around here.  Guess it just goes to show that there are plenty of Akira* fans lurking around here - they just aren't as vocal as the Miki and Cala fans.

And just to be clear, my vote counted same as yours, and I didn't always vote for the winner. Yuki (M3), Saki (F40), Karin*, Makoto*, Natane, Rika, Lilia, and Cyomi were all losing votes for me.  Saori and Seera, too, if you count their losses by tiebreaker.

*: Yes, I voted against Miki three straight times - that's just the way the chips fell.  Had to go Karin and Akira.  Would have voted for her against Mercedes but not with Makoto there instead.  I did vote Miki over Raika in 3rd place matchup though.  And I did give her that #1 seed over Asuka, too, so you can't damn me completely.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 12:10:53 am »
So does this mean that Akira gets 10 million dollars and prime real estate in the city of her choice?

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 06:14:53 am »
Nah, she just gets to go three weeks without having anything inserted in her vagina without her permission.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 11:08:53 am »
Oh boy oh boy!