Author Topic: Otaku  (Read 24439 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Re: Otaku
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 02:34:13 pm »
Because the only reason it's a problem is because you're all taking him far too seriously? The entire Cross Changer forum is dudes like him throwing  bullshit around. There's no reason to get so bent out of shape over some asshole on the internet.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 03:57:08 pm »
We try not to. Yet, some of these people do the same thing to us.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 04:10:01 pm »
We try not to. Yet, some of these people do the same thing to us.

...*phone rings*

Hello mr LordRyunson? This is THE POINT, I believe you missed me earlier today.

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 07:14:02 pm »
man, i just think everyone needs to shut the fuck up about all this bullshit and get back to what this forum is all about - having people discuss various matters about anime, video games, and the like, and ENJOY DOING IT.

i also think it'd help if everyone were more stoic to direct comments, like me - it seems like i'm one of the only few people who hasn't gotten their feathers severely ruffled yet by someone else's commentary.  my fellow bakas, people are going to insult you all throughout your life.  you can either take it with or without causing a conflict (preferably WITHOUT), or run away crying cause you got your feelings hurt.

grow up, guys, geez...  i don't want to leave this forum, but i might have to if i constantly have to hear a bunch of immature whiney-hineys bitching at each other over stupid shit.

...you guys DO want this forum to be enjoyable, right??  then let's start respecting one another.  there doesn't seem to be any tension in many of the other threads, unless i missed something...  why can't we just do the same everywhere else??  come on, guys...

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2006, 07:15:45 pm »
Tetsaru sees the issue at hand.
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2006, 07:26:54 pm »
Who ordered the internet dramas?

I like how the misuse of the word otaku suddenly became a big argument about how we're singling out the bakunnyu community.  Personally, I don't think the the original community are the ones with the problem, as we don't seem to be the ones fostering this "us" vs "them" mentality.

In other news, I just found out I had a PM from importgamer from July 9th... who knew?

lumberjack33

• OK
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Dojinmule
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2006, 08:28:56 pm »
I like to think that I've kept a level head. There's been some interesting points made when people weren't just walking out.
DOJINMULE - dojinshi on the emule network, now with over 400 dojins

HMD

• Lots of Good Things
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Love and Punk
    • ROCK AND ROLL STRIKES BACK!
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2006, 09:05:05 pm »
DualSoul is correct. There is no Us vs Them going on here. However, there is a Me vs Them going on here. The Me being, well, me, and them, contrary to popular belief, are not the bakunyuus. Rather, the Them are some of this forum's more annoying members. The kind that fly off the handle whenever Bill makes a dirty joke or whenever Khris and/or myself change avatars; and not even offensive ones at that. This is some serious bullshit to the max. Extreme bullshit, if you will.

I'll say right now that I have no problem with a lot of bakunyuus. I can say, at least off the top of my head, that I have never had a problem with you, lumberjack33 (yes, you've kept yourself well composed), or with elevator_kart (I don't know if you consider yourselves bakunyuus, I'm just lumping you more recent guys in there). Kart's contributions to the emulation thread are what make great message boards.

I'm not the only one who feels this way; I'm just the only one who's saying anything about it. And, for obvious reasons, I'm not going to be giving out names. I'm sworn to secrecy. I'm the lighting rod of dickness, so to speak.

Really, I'm just tired of feeling like I'm walking on eggshells when I post. I didn't want a throng of people leaving 4eva because I'm just being myself (myself being the HMD you see at Cross Changer, not the one you've seen the last few days).

So, if you are or are going to be offended by me telling you to knock off the bullshit (posting long, idiotic anti-current topic rants in a thread designed for actual conversation, peppering your posts with your personal problems, or acting like the entire world is against you because you wrote/did something that absolutely sucked), leave now, because I'm not going anywhere. I was here before you guys, and I shouldn't feel pressured to leave. And I was told, by Hyperguy himself, to post exactly as I do at CC. I am doing just that. So tough noogies.

P.S: THE GUYS GET SHIRTS! THAT'S JUST THE FUCKING WAY IT IS!

HMD

• Lots of Good Things
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Love and Punk
    • ROCK AND ROLL STRIKES BACK!
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2006, 09:05:57 pm »
Oh, and STOP REPORTING MY POSTS! The admins/mods find that annoying.

LordRyunson

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2006, 09:25:45 pm »
man, i just think everyone needs to shut the fuck up about all this bullshit and get back to what this forum is all about - having people discuss various matters about anime, video games, and the like, and ENJOY DOING IT.

i also think it'd help if everyone were more stoic to direct comments, like me - it seems like i'm one of the only few people who hasn't gotten their feathers severely ruffled yet by someone else's commentary.  my fellow bakas, people are going to insult you all throughout your life.  you can either take it with or without causing a conflict (preferably WITHOUT), or run away crying cause you got your feelings hurt.

grow up, guys, geez...  i don't want to leave this forum, but i might have to if i constantly have to hear a bunch of immature whiney-hineys bitching at each other over stupid shit.

...you guys DO want this forum to be enjoyable, right??  then let's start respecting one another.  there doesn't seem to be any tension in many of the other threads, unless i missed something...  why can't we just do the same everywhere else??  come on, guys...

Tetsaru sees the issue at hand.

Who ordered the internet dramas?

I like how the misuse of the word otaku suddenly became a big argument about how we're singling out the bakunnyu community.  Personally, I don't think the the original community are the ones with the problem, as we don't seem to be the ones fostering this "us" vs "them" mentality.

In other news, I just found out I had a PM from importgamer from July 9th... who knew?

Amen to that, brothers. 

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2006, 10:00:39 pm »
DualSoul is correct. There is no Us vs Them going on here. However, there is a Me vs Them going on here. The Me being, well, me, and them, contrary to popular belief, are not the bakunyuus. Rather, the Them are some of this forum's more annoying members. The kind that fly off the handle whenever Bill makes a dirty joke or whenever Khris and/or myself change avatars; and not even offensive ones at that. This is some serious bullshit to the max. Extreme bullshit, if you will.

I'll say right now that I have no problem with a lot of bakunyuus. I can say, at least off the top of my head, that I have never had a problem with you, lumberjack33 (yes, you've kept yourself well composed), or with elevator_kart (I don't know if you consider yourselves bakunyuus, I'm just lumping you more recent guys in there). Kart's contributions to the emulation thread are what make great message boards.

I'm not the only one who feels this way; I'm just the only one who's saying anything about it. And, for obvious reasons, I'm not going to be giving out names. I'm sworn to secrecy. I'm the lighting rod of dickness, so to speak.

Really, I'm just tired of feeling like I'm walking on eggshells when I post. I didn't want a throng of people leaving 4eva because I'm just being myself (myself being the HMD you see at Cross Changer, not the one you've seen the last few days).

So, if you are or are going to be offended by me telling you to knock off the bullshit (posting long, idiotic anti-current topic rants in a thread designed for actual conversation, peppering your posts with your personal problems, or acting like the entire world is against you because you wrote/did something that absolutely sucked), leave now, because I'm not going anywhere. I was here before you guys, and I shouldn't feel pressured to leave. And I was told, by Hyperguy himself, to post exactly as I do at CC. I am doing just that. So tough noogies.

P.S: THE GUYS GET SHIRTS! THAT'S JUST THE FUCKING WAY IT IS!

cool by me, HMD.  staying true to one's self is extremely important.  i just think there needs to be a lot less bitching and a lot more thread discussion around here, that's all.  as i've implied earlier, people shouldn't get so damn upset all the time just because of opposing views.  forums like this are MEANT for the discussion of different views of a topic.

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2006, 07:54:49 pm »
What the hell was with that whole "The Guys Get Shirts" thing before, anyway? To me, all it is consists of Retardglish.
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!