Author Topic: SOGNA-VIPER Series Record Video(2012/12/08 reupload complete)  (Read 104512 times)

0906xhc

• Casual VIPER Fan
Re: SOGNA-VIPER Series Record Video(2012/12/08 reupload complete)
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 08:15:05 pm »
Yeah~Great Reupload!

delpo

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 09:57:26 pm »
Sorry for the necropost, but i didn't want to start a new topic.

I just DL'ed V10, and the BGM is really loud and drowns out the audio.  Is it normally like this in the game?

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 01:10:22 am »
The earliest Vipers have no in-game volume control, you're expected to adjust it through your master volume settings. The music is all MIDI, so that's what you have to look for.

delpo

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 01:39:38 am »
The earliest Vipers have no in-game volume control, you're expected to adjust it through your master volume settings. The music is all MIDI, so that's what you have to look for.

No, I mean is the bgm supposed to be significantly louder than the dialogue?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 10:17:10 am »
No.  That's something newer versions of Windows mess up. I remember being able to hear the diologue well, and now can hardly hear it at all.  Its got something to do with the media subsystem, where the MIDIs take priority over the PCMs. You don't see the same problem with the later games that use waveform BGMs.

There's no way to change the MIDI volume in game settings, but I wonder if the volume can be controlled in the program code.... I don't exactly see a way to control it via mciSendCommand, but perhaps it can be done.  Another option to workaround the problem would be to replace the game MIDIs with empty sounds. You'd lose the BGM but should be able to hear the speech properly.

I've attached a hacked version of SGS.EXE that basically strips out the MIDI code to acheive the same effect. Don't know what other problems might have been introduced though (save states probably don't work reliably.)  You can start this SGS directly; it doesn't need the loader program.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 01:29:49 pm »
Oh, oops, I didn't even notice this was the movie download thread. When you said "just DL'ed V10" I assumed you meant the actual game. If it's like that in the mkv movie, then I guess that means it was recorded like that. I don't know, it's possible the mkv has the music and voices as separate audio tracks and you can find the controls for that in the video player, but my guess would be they got mashed up in the conversion.

There's probably another thread around here that has the actual game download and you could get that and follow JG's suggestions.

delpo

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 08:20:35 pm »
No.  That's something newer versions of Windows mess up. I remember being able to hear the diologue well, and now can hardly hear it at all.  Its got something to do with the media subsystem, where the MIDIs take priority over the PCMs. You don't see the same problem with the later games that use waveform BGMs.

There's no way to change the MIDI volume in game settings, but I wonder if the volume can be controlled in the program code.... I don't exactly see a way to control it via mciSendCommand, but perhaps it can be done.  Another option to workaround the problem would be to replace the game MIDIs with empty sounds. You'd lose the BGM but should be able to hear the speech properly.

I've attached a hacked version of SGS.EXE that basically strips out the MIDI code to acheive the same effect. Don't know what other problems might have been introduced though (save states probably don't work reliably.)  You can start this SGS directly; it doesn't need the loader program.

I was actually referring to the video from applebread, but I think the same thing is happening that you're talking about.  Do you know of any solution to watching the video with the correct sound balance?  I'm not really interested in the playing the games.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 10:25:35 am »
I doubt you could change the audio track in the video.  The BGM and voice will be mixed into one sample, so you can't increase volume on just the voice without also increasing volume on the BGM.

HellotoYouSir

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 12:17:13 pm »
Most excellent, thank you.

oldhentaicollecter

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2018, 09:01:47 pm »
Hello,
Sorry if it's rude to post a reply to a old post, but most of the links on this post are dead. To be more specific,

あにまーじゃん V3
あにまーじゃんX Perfect
エキサイティングみるく(Exciting Milk)
VIPER F50
VIPER M1
ガイナロックR
VIPER GT1
VIPER GTB
VIPER M3 3.2
VIPER M5
VIPER V10
VIPER V12