Author Topic: Question about the trading cards  (Read 6156 times)

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
Question about the trading cards
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:31:59 am »
Did Sogna do more than one trading card set? I'm wondering because the for sale section lists cards for sale and some of them are the same number, but different cards. Number 47 to be exact. It says it's Loid in one set, but a part of a puzzle card set in another. Thanks for the help, planning on collecting all of these if I can.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Question about the trading cards
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:25:21 am »
They did two.  1998 series was printed all at once, in early 1998.  The "official" set followed, starting later in 1998 with some of the extension cards printed up to a few years later.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 10:10:28 am »
Awesome, thank JG!

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 12:35:08 pm »
Just a quick followup, does anyone happen to have a complete list of all the cards? I'd like to have something to know when I've completed the collection. Thanks!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 03:17:47 pm »
Just a quick followup, does anyone happen to have a complete list of all the cards? I'd like to have something to know when I've completed the collection. Thanks!

I have pictures of my complete 1998 Series and Official Series basic sets:1998 Series
Official Series Basic Set

Have a picture of most of the Official series extended set, too.  These cards only came with games, illustration CDs and audio CDs.
Official Series Extended Set (missing 103, 104, and 107-114 in this picture as of the time this post was made)

Just realized there there's a third set of trading cards as well, a VIPER-F40 set, but to my knowledge they only came with the F40 game.  As far as I've been able to tell, everyone gets the foil card and the first three character cards (the three leading ladies), four more of the remaining six character cards, then one each of the three graphic and three silver cards.  So the set is 16 cards in size, and you get 10 of them with the game.  Note that the F40 Fan Book came with 3 cards not belonging to this set,  but to the Official extended set instead (#83, #84, and #85 to be exact)
VIPER-F40 set

if you want a list it would take me a bit of time to get that together.  Probably need to do one anyway so people know where all the cards from the extended sets can be found.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »
Nice! Thanks JG, that helps me out tremendously!

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 12:17:26 am »
So, in my search for these cards I don't suppose anyone on here has extras that they would be willing to sell or possibly trade?