Author Topic: Lovers - Image Extraction?  (Read 12540 times)

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Lovers - Image Extraction?
« on: December 10, 2005, 08:32:07 pm »
The Bad: I've spent 1 1/2 years serching through japanesse websites looking for new image extractors ... I need to learn Japanese.

The Good: Searching through all that mess I found this website ^^

Now, i really hate asking questions when I don't know who anyone is, or more importently when noone knows who the hell I am, but my desire to play around with images of Rei and her friends has lead me to a totally deprived state of conciousness (more than usual atleast, and thats pretty fuckin bad). Even though this site is dedicated mostly to the Viper series, maybe one of you guys can help me out.

I'm trying to extract the images from the Lovers hgame. I've tried Grapholic, I can't quite get it to work on this game. i tried using GDDcut, also failed (was a longshot, but it worked for Green, which i belive was also released by Jellyfish or somesuch). The gifs for this game seem to be extreamly rare, yet, some of the best stuff i've ever come across. I searched these forums, but the closest thing i was able to find is Hyperguy asking you all if you'd like him to put up the Lovers collection in the gallery. So perhaps he can point me in the right direction.

One last note, I'm not asking for a site with gifs on it, as my quest will only end when i have all the images extracted so that i can animate them myself. I mean, it would be really cool and everything, but i can never help but get the feeling that i'm missing a peice of animation, or even entire scenes. Now call me wacky (tho i will have to kick your ass for saying the word "wacky"), but i even like those little bullshit animations. I sometimes like to create AVI's from my gifs, and those bullshit scenes can really help with the transitions. Anyway, thanks in advance, I will most deffently appreciate any assistance.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Lovers - Image Extraction?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 09:00:25 pm »
I've seen Lovers animated gif collections on 4chan many times over the last few months.  You may wish to check there.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 02:28:31 am »
Thanks

I've seen some of the gifs pop up on websites from time to time and i have a few collections that i got from emule, but thier always incomplete or the animations are reduced in size/quality. I have the 4 iso's for the CD's, I just can't figure out how to get the images extracted.

I have about 30 or so of the gifs, but i belive the game can yeild something over 300 gifs.

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:11:50 am »
I think there's multiple Lovers games or something, but I may be wrong.

Anyways, check this site out. They've got 146 lovers gifs:
http://www.gyoru.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=455

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 07:32:59 am »
I think there's multiple Lovers games or something, but I may be wrong.

Anyways, check this site out. They've got 146 lovers gifs:
http://www.gyoru.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=455

You rock bro.

I'm pretty sure theres another one also, an earlier game. Just a hunch, but i'm thinking that it may have had a different name.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 01:47:55 pm »
Paging Hyperguy to this thread, Paging Hyperguy to this thread

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 02:07:28 pm »
I searched these forums, but the closest thing i was able to find is Hyperguy asking you all if you'd like him to put up the Lovers collection in the gallery. So perhaps he can point me in the right direction.
I hope so.  I actually know a pretty good deal about the subject.  I only regret not being able to answer this sooner.

One last note, I'm not asking for a site with gifs on it, as my quest will only end when i have all the images extracted so that i can animate them myself. I mean, it would be really cool and everything, but i can never help but get the feeling that i'm missing a peice of animation, or even entire scenes. Now call me wacky (tho i will have to kick your ass for saying the word "wacky"), but i even like those little bullshit animations. I sometimes like to create AVI's from my gifs, and those bullshit scenes can really help with the transitions. Anyway, thanks in advance, I will most deffently appreciate any assistance.

Earlier this year there were several torrents for Lovers.  Among them was a torrent of all of the game's animation frames in bitmap format. These frames were extracted directly from the game's source files using one of the two tools specially made for extracting cg from the Lover's game.

At that time the creator of the torrent, a fellow by the name of Time Cock, requested help from 4chan to animate all of the bitmaps into gifs.  He found help in a person named kramerica, and they split up the work in an effort to animate all of Lover's sex scenes.  Their project was a success, and they managed to make 3 different torrents which contained full gif sets of Lovers.  In the past I've downloaded both torrents, the one of extracted bitmap files, and the complete gif set as well.

However, to conserve disc space I had to delete my 4 disc images of the Lovers game, and all of the extracted bitmap CG.  But, I did keep the full gif sets at least.  My reasoning behind that was I knew I'd be able to download them again in the far future.  I was originally planning on taking the bitmaps and reanimating them myself, but after I saw what a wonderful job was done on the gifs, it made the descision of deleting them that much easier.  Plus, they kept many transition and alternate gifs.  That, and there's over 1,000 animation frames and they took up at least 3 GB of space.

If you ultimately plan on reanimating them I can help you.  I read before that you have

However, the torrent is probably long dead by now.  Even worse, the torrent they set up that included the special Lovers extraction tools is nowhere to be found.  If you can seek them out, they may be able to give you a copy of the second tool need for extracting cg from Lovers.

I'll give you the first one now.

Lovers Extraction Tool #1

I've never had to use it, so I'm not sure entirely how it works.  Finding the second tool may be a little trickier, but I think we'll be able to find it, and probably find it quicker if we asked around.  I'm not entirely sure, but I think one of the tools extracts the animation frames, and the other extracts the cg.  If I remember correctly, one of them only extracts 85% of the CG.

About the comment I made about adding Lovers to the gallery. You know how Sogna released illustration CDs for Viper games?  Jellyfish also released Illustration CDs for Lovers.  There's two, and though they don't have anywhere near as many images as the Viper ones, they'd still make up a pretty strong showing in the gallery.

Then there's the Lovers full color doujinshi, which was made by the original creators...Yeah, I don't think anyone would object to me adding those to the gallery.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 09:58:44 pm »
The gifs on the Groyu site actually aren't the ones I was looking for. Still some grade-A shit tho, playing with them should keep me busy for a couple weeks ^^ If I can't get my webspace up and running by this weekend i'll sign up to some free hosting and put up some of the other gifs i found. And thanks again for that link, Echelon. It's deffently a site I'll want to keep an eye on.

I hope so.  I actually know a pretty good deal about the subject.  I only regret not being able to answer this sooner.

No regrets, I learned the hardway that patience is an absolute and rewardable virtue ^^

Earlier this year there were several torrents for Lovers.  Among them was a torrent of all of the game's animation frames in bitmap format. These frames were extracted directly from the game's source files using one of the two tools specially made for extracting cg from the Lover's game.

At that time the creator of the torrent, a fellow by the name of Time Cock, requested help from 4chan to animate all of the bitmaps into gifs.  He found help in a person named kramerica, and they split up the work in an effort to animate all of Lover's sex scenes.  Their project was a success, and they managed to make 3 different torrents which contained full gif sets of Lovers.  In the past I've downloaded both torrents, the one of extracted bitmap files, and the complete gif set as well.

Damn... talk about knowing your shit... lol. Great info!, thanks ^^

However, to conserve disc space I had to delete my 4 disc images of the Lovers game, and all of the extracted bitmap CG.  But, I did keep the full gif sets at least.  My reasoning behind that was I knew I'd be able to download them again in the far future.  I was originally planning on taking the bitmaps and reanimating them myself, but after I saw what a wonderful job was done on the gifs, it made the descision of deleting them that much easier.  Plus, they kept many transition and alternate gifs.  That, and there's over 1,000 animation frames and they took up at least 3 GB of space.

If you ultimately plan on reanimating them I can help you.  I read before that you have

However, the torrent is probably long dead by now.  Even worse, the torrent they set up that included the special Lovers extraction tools is nowhere to be found.  If you can seek them out, they may be able to give you a copy of the second tool need for extracting cg from Lovers.

I'll give you the first one now.

Lovers Extraction Tool #1

I've never had to use it, so I'm not sure entirely how it works.  Finding the second tool may be a little trickier, but I think we'll be able to find it, and probably find it quicker if we asked around.  I'm not entirely sure, but I think one of the tools extracts the animation frames, and the other extracts the cg.  If I remember correctly, one of them only extracts 85% of the CG.

About the comment I made about adding Lovers to the gallery. You know how Sogna released illustration CDs for Viper games?  Jellyfish also released Illustration CDs for Lovers.  There's two, and though they don't have anywhere near as many images as the Viper ones, they'd still make up a pretty strong showing in the gallery.

Then there's the Lovers full color doujinshi, which was made by the original creators...Yeah, I don't think anyone would object to me adding those to the gallery.

About the Illustration collections, I have all of those zipped on my harddrive. Theres 2 or 3 folders with stuff relesed by jellyfish, another folder with stuff from the Lovers mainsite, and one more with Fanart in it. they were supposed to be animated gifs when i downloaded it, so i was sorly disapointed when i found they were all static images. Still, theres some really good stuff in there, so i kept it. If thats the stuff you wanted for your gallery, let me know and I'll find a way to get it to you.

And about the 4 game iso's I have, I'm a bit lost now as to which Lovers game it actually is. Up till this morning i thought there to be only 2 games, but now it seems like thers atleast 3 or more. I'm going to make 2 ignorant assumptions that these ISO's are for the most recent game, and that the gifs i'm looking for are also from the most recent game. I say this because of the few i have, their the highest quility. In them, Rie is in her school uniform. Again, when i get my webspace up and running, I'll share them incase you haven't seen them before. (Tho i'm sure some of you have)

Thank you for the tool. I play around with it to see if i can get it to work, but so far it's not doing much. Seems like its an auto extractor, but droping it into the file folders and running it didn't do anything, but atleast i have something to go on now so i'll see if i can find some info on it. It could also be for a different Lovers game, but in time I'm sure i'll get ahold of those ISO's aswell.

And finally, yep, i have every intention of reanimating the gifs, or if i ever manged to get the full gif collection, i would atleast want to extract the bmp's and compair. So if I/we manage to get these extracted and you wanted to make a project out of it, consider me onboard ^^.

Also, I didn't know about the doujinsh, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

EDIT- Just checked my CG collections, I have: CG Pack 1 & 2 (from the games i think?), Illistrated Collections 1&2, The Fan Art collection, Site CG, Lovers Special Collection, and Lovers Reverse. Your right, not nearly asmuch as Viper, but deffently some quality stuff ^^
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 10:13:59 pm by Bluelyth »

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 03:51:50 pm »
Jellyfish released two Lovers games.

One of them, titled Love Escalator was released a really long time ago (say, mid-90s) and uses a 256 color pallette.

The latest game, titled simply Lovers, is the game we've been talking about.  Lovers is basically a remake of the original Love Escalator game.

EDIT- Just checked my CG collections, I have: CG Pack 1 & 2 (from the games i think?), Illistrated Collections 1&2, The Fan Art collection, Site CG, Lovers Special Collection, and Lovers Reverse. Your right, not nearly asmuch as Viper, but deffently some quality stuff ^^
We'll have to compare collections sometime then.  I've got the two illustration CDs, which were part of a greater torrent that had still images in a folder called "Site CG", and a few other folders full of CG.  I don't think I've seen Lovers Special Collection, and I think Lovers Reverse is the name of one of the doujins.  I could be wrong though, and I think it's more likely that the special collection came with the torrent.  I'll have to get back to you on that.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 11:48:07 pm »
Jellyfish released two Lovers games.

One of them, titled Love Escalator was released a really long time ago (say, mid-90s) and uses a 256 color pallette.

The latest game, titled simply Lovers, is the game we've been talking about.  Lovers is basically a remake of the original Love Escalator game.

Ok, it's time to get to the bottom of this. This might shed some light to why i think theres 3 games.

http://fapomatic.com/albums.php?action=view&albumid=3314&s=51SgSu

The first row are the old "Lovers Escalator", the second row is the remake (labled DX on the gifs), Now the third row is what i belive to be the third game (possably titled "LOVERS ~恋に落ちたら…~", unless that translates into escalator) . To me it seems theres a significant differance between the three sets, but it could also be reflected on how the gifs were originally produced and the 2 sets could be from the same game. I also tossed in some gifs of the other characters from the series. I don't know the blonds name, but the pink haired girl is called Hinako. Theres also a green haired chick but i have no gifs of her, just alot of CG's.

The thrid set are the ones i'm specifically looking for (tho obviously, i want them all ^^). I was looking at the Jellyfish site and they only have "LOVERS ~恋に落ちたら…~" listed (and GREEN, which also has some awsome gifs), and the CG samples seem to match my 3rd set of Lovers gifs.

Btw, that last gif in the 3rd set is what started this whole deal with me, kinda like the promice of the holy grail. Sorry about it's size, thats how i got it. When i have some more time, i'll put up more stuff.

EDIT - "LOVERS ~恋に落ちたら…~" translated = "When it falls to the LOVERS - love... -"

3 hours searching the net, thats what i got. I also found the website of the creator of that Lovers tool. He only has the same one tho. What the hell is sleep anyway?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 06:32:50 am by Bluelyth »

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:25 pm »
In the animated gifs collection of Lovers scenes from the second and third row of that gallery are included so I think they're from the same game, or at the very least, maybe they rereleased it with added scenes?  I'm not sure, but from what I can tell there's two Lovers games and the ones with the newish art style are from the same game.

The green haired girl doesn't show up in any sex scenes, which is a shame since she's got the biggest rack in the game and some images I've seen of her imply that she's lesbian and wants to be with Rie.

I checked out my small Lovers CG collection, and I've got a few folders, labled as follows:

CG Pack 1
CG Pack 2
Illustrated Collection CD 1
Illustrated Collection CD 2
Lovers Fanart
Lovers Wallpaper
Site CG

Oh, and about those doujin I mentioned earlier, I added them to the gallery.  I think you already have the 'Lovers Reverse' one.

Sorry for not replying earlier, but I've just had too much fun configuring this portal.  I usually reply within 1-2 days time. ^_^;

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 05:31:01 pm »
It looks like we have the same CG's then. The Special Collection I have seems to be made up mostly of images from the other folders with some resizes, but i'll give it a good second look to make sure theres nothing new in it. I was missing one of those doujinshis from the gallery tho, so woowho!

I think your right about about it being only two games, I was just confused by the two different art styles. I can rest slightly easier now, but of course this only means I'm gonna be even more obsessive about extracting the files from my ISO's lol. I also just finished downloading the ISO for Love Escalator, so i'm gonna be looking into extracting those aswell. I'm about to have 2 weeks off of my classes and 3 weeks off from work, so with some luck it'll get done by then. I might go snoop around 4chan tonight and see if i can dig anything up, tho those forums do tend to make me wanna go apeshit sometimes.

The green haired girl doesn't show up in any sex scenes, which is a shame since she's got the biggest rack in the game and some images I've seen of her imply that she's lesbian and wants to be with Rie.

No sex scenes -_- Thats a damn shame. Yeah, i was really looking forward to some hot lesbian action.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 05:43:48 pm »
About that ISO for Love Escalator...

What's its file size? O_o

'Cause I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it.  I think that since its an older game Graphaholic also supports it, or at least a plug-in for it should be easier to find than some of the newer hentai games.

If you're going to do some research, be sure and check out Hongfire.com and Deadfrog.info while you're at it.  Hongfire's where I managed to find a working link for that Lovers Tool I uploaded, and while there are no seeds for the Lovers gif collection torrents at Deadfrog, you might just be able to find its animators in the Deadfrog forums.

Also, there's a save game file for Love Escalator at Densetsu.com

At the very least, Rie gets to rub suntan lotion all over the green haired girl in one of the game's CG. @_@

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 06:33:27 pm »
The RAR file size is 18.8MB. A little too large for email i think, but we should beable to send it through a file transfer. I noticed you use AIM, does it support file transfers? I know ICQ used too.

'Cause I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it.  I think that since its an older game Graphaholic also supports it, or at least a plug-in for it should be easier to find than some of the newer hentai games.

Thats a "no go" on Grapholic, tho i may be installing plug-ins wrong. Theres not much english support for it so theres a good chance i may be doing it wrong. I did find a japanese program that can read the list file, but couldn't get it to extract any of the data. If you have the resourses to read japanese, i'll post the link to where i found the zip file for it, you may have better luck than I.

At the very least, Rie gets to rub suntan lotion all over the green haired girl in one of the game's CG. @_@

heh, that and the locker room CG scene. ^o^

I'll go check out those 2 sites, tho unfourtantly i'm torrent-retarded. >_<

EDIT-

GOOD NEWS! I found the proper way to install suzie plug-in's, and I happen to have one that can read the ISO for the new Lovers game. Even better news... Grapholic is currently extracting all the bmps.

The link for the plug-in: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA000482/

BAD NEWS- Ok, there isn't any bad news yet, but theres gotta be a trick to all thi... *hard drive explodes*
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 05:08:39 am by Bluelyth »

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 11:16:08 am »
The RAR file size is 18.8MB. A little too large for email i think, but we should beable to send it through a file transfer. I noticed you use AIM, does it support file transfers? I know ICQ used too.

AIM supports file transfers, though it may be easier to just upload it to Rapidshare.  Underneath the posting box under "Additional Options" there's a box that lets you upload to Rapidshare and other hosts directly from the forum.  Click on "Additional Options" twice if it doesn't show up right away.  For some reason it's a little buggy in Firefox browser.  I've yet to try it with IE.

Thats a "no go" on Grapholic, tho i may be installing plug-ins wrong. Theres not much english support for it so theres a good chance i may be doing it wrong. I did find a japanese program that can read the list file, but couldn't get it to extract any of the data. If you have the resourses to read japanese, i'll post the link to where i found the zip file for it, you may have better luck than I.

Alrighty.  Give me the link and I'll give it a try.  I was able to figure out Japanese Grapholic so I may be able to figure this one out too.

GOOD NEWS! I found the proper way to install suzie plug-in's, and I happen to have one that can read the ISO for the new Lovers game. Even better news... Grapholic is currently extracting all the bmps.

The link for the plug-in: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA000482/

Holy crap.  Good work Bluelyth!  That's right, Grapholic supports Susie Plugin's, so if you managed to find a working plug-in for Susie, it could be used in Grapholic too.  I gotta ask though, which one of these files on the linked page is the plug-in for Lovers.  Also, does this mean that you plan on animating Lovers gifs next?

Generally speaking, with all of the animation frames we have access to between all of the Viper games and the new Lovers game, we could really crank out some new, high quality gif sets.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 01:23:58 pm »
Alrighty.  Give me the link and I'll give it a try.  I was able to figure out Japanese Grapholic so I may be able to figure this one out too.

Holy crap.  Good work Bluelyth!  That's right, Grapholic supports Susie Plugin's, so if you managed to find a working plug-in for Susie, it could be used in Grapholic too.  I gotta ask though, which one of these files on the linked page is the plug-in for Lovers.  Also, does this mean that you plan on animating Lovers gifs next?

The file that you want to download is "ISM Susie plug-in 0.42"

The big problem I came across is that the BMPs came out very distorted, or just plain black. I have a theory that the reason it happened is due to the program I used to extract the ISO, ISO Buster (I'm having a similar problem extracting the bmp's from V-M3). I haven't had time to find a new ISO extracter , but I'm really hoping thats the case, and not that my ISOs are damaged, or that the plug-ins are faulty. My computer is also getting on a bit, so theres always that possability aswell.

I do plan on animating Lovers, but atm I'm working towards completing V-GTB as alot of people seem to really want a full set of it. I'd say I'm roughly 40-60% finished with it (probably closer to 40% as much of the ani is rather difficult to put together and to animate). So after I get GTB finsihed or the Lovers BMPs extracted properly, I'll probably go full blown on it and put everything else on hold.

Also, I'll have Escalator up for you on Rapidshare either by tonight or tomorrow morning.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 01:52:17 pm »

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 11:13:46 am »
Thanks for Love Escalator. =D

Do you want me to help you animate Viper GTB by animating the more trivial or difficult frame sets?  I've been working on animating Viper GTB too, and have a few of the sex scenes done.

It sounds to me like your ISO program may be the problem, especially considering that you had errors in two cases.  I'd recommend using Alcohol 120% for ISOes.  Would you like me to upload it for you?

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 11:25:01 am »
Do you want me to help you animate Viper GTB by animating the more trivial or difficult frame sets?  I've been working on animating Viper GTB too, and have a few of the sex scenes done.

We're deffently gonna need to chat about this and see if we can't get this badboy nailed out. I'll set up an AIM account when I get home from classes tonight and I'll PM you the name. I don't at all mind the difficult stuff, I apreciate the challenge, its just that it really adds up timewise, but I think 2 people can have this done rather quickly.

I jumped around alot when I first started working on it, and I managed to get most of the sex scenes done also, but theres a few that I need to work on more. A scene with Narsha, and the lesbian-ish scene with Nerea(sp) and Saki. I have them set up on a photoshop file, I just need to adjust the images.

It sounds to me like your ISO program may be the problem, especially considering that you had errors in two cases.  I'd recommend using Alcohol 120% for ISOes.  Would you like me to upload it for you?

Don't worry about uploading, I'm sure I can find it online or on e-mule. Thanks alot for the rec!

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 12:13:22 pm »
The earliest I'll be able to chat on AIM is next week when classes start.

In the meantime I'll create a list of animations from the sex scenes that I've yet to animate.  The amount of animation frames, transitions, and scenes are really daunting, but like you said, we should be able to get most of it done by splitting it up. =D