Author Topic: Need help with pc98 emulator Anex86  (Read 6440 times)

gman14

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Need help with pc98 emulator Anex86
« on: July 04, 2010, 02:41:24 pm »
I was just wondering any of you know how to solve this problem. You see, when I run the emulator the text doesn't seem to com out right. It looks kinda blocky or distorted making it hard to read and some Japanese text looks like it's cramped up. You can find some of my screen shots here:

http://img239.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25124_01_122_165lo.jpeg
http://img260.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25127_02_122_477lo.jpeg

I wonder if it's the display settings or the resolution. I just really want to make the text look clearer since I asking my friend for help in clearing the game in second screeny since he knows Japanese, but the problem is that its hard to make anything out of it since the text is like that.

Hope someone here could help me.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Re: Need help with pc98 emulator Anex86
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:43:18 pm »
It's been a while since I've encountered that problem but I believe what I did to fix it was set my default language for non-Unicode programs to Japanese.

If that doesn't work, try Neko Project.  It's much more userfriendly and featured filled PC98 emulator than Anex.

gman14

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 12:33:37 am »
Hmm seems that this only happens to me when I use XP, tried using the emu on vista an everything was clear. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to play it on my laptop then.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 06:18:31 pm »
You dont have the font file loaded, so it automatically generates a font for you. Go to Config | Font and then reload the anex86.bmp file. This happens if you move the Anex86 files to a different folder.

The blocky version of the font can be reproduced by selecting Default from the autogenerate box. Since your default font isn't "wide" it generates a blocky text.  The bmp is always the better option though.