Author Topic: V.G Rebirth  (Read 23099 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: V.G Rebirth
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 09:55:30 pm »
Oh yeah, I get the same screen distortion that the others mentioned, and unfortunately, maximising the screen doesn't change anything.

Its a bug in game.  (Didn't I already say Giga completed mismanaged the project?)  I think Giga released a patch for it but who knows where to find it these days.

Why is the main character invited to watch the VG tournament?
Who's the bloke that phones him every day?
And what's the nature of the question that determines whether or not the protagonist watches the penalties? Is he just asked after the first one if he'll keep on watching them, or if he enjoyed watching it the first time?
What sort of comments made when he reflects upon the rapes he's watched at the end of the day? At first I thought he was haunted by them, but I later got the impression that he might've enjoyed it.

The main character is a reporter for some kind of print media (probably newspaper but maybe magazine.)  His boss (the one that calls everyday for an update) is giving the main character one last chance to write something worth reading.  He meets Yuka and finds out from her about these secret tournaments in which waitresses compete and he sees this is promising story material.  He starts writing a story about the V.G. tournament, with Yuka as the main interest in his story. That's why he goes by Anne Mitter's for a coffee evry day, to pick up useful info for his story form Yuka, who doesn't know he's writing about her.  I think its Yuka that takes him to his first V.G match but I can't remember for sure.  It's only later that he discovers the penalty for losing, and despite his hatred of it, he knows he has to write about this to both save his job and spread awareness of the sport so that it gets cleaned up (hence, the question of morality and why he keeps going back.)

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 04:48:55 am »
Ah, cheers for that.

herp a derp

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 06:25:15 pm »
Try changing screen mode to full screen.

1st row: BGM volume (obvious)
2nd row: Voice volume (obvious)
3rd row: Screen mode (Fullscreen on left, Window on right)
4th & 5th rows: Right click effect (Message Skip on top left, Menu on top right, Close Window on bottom left)
6th row: Message Skip style (Full on left, Auto on right)
7th row: Message speed (Slow, Medium, Fast)
8th row: Font (Mincho on left, Gothic on right)
9th row: Amount of Semen Mode (little, normal, alot)
10th row: Opening Movie (small on left, large on right)

The distorted graphics aren't related to the settings.  They're due to whoever ripped that version of the game not knowing what they were doing.  The only way I know of fixing it is replacing the affected .PAC files with non-corrupted copies from the game disc or a better rip.

The main character is a reporter for some kind of print media (probably newspaper but maybe magazine.)  His boss (the one that calls everyday for an update) is giving the main character one last chance to write something worth reading.  He meets Yuka and finds out from her about these secret tournaments in which waitresses compete and he sees this is promising story material.  He starts writing a story about the V.G. tournament, with Yuka as the main interest in his story. That's why he goes by Anne Mitter's for a coffee evry day, to pick up useful info for his story form Yuka, who doesn't know he's writing about her.  I think its Yuka that takes him to his first V.G match but I can't remember for sure.  It's only later that he discovers the penalty for losing, and despite his hatred of it, he knows he has to write about this to both save his job and spread awareness of the sport so that it gets cleaned up (hence, the question of morality and why he keeps going back.)

game translation where

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:01 pm »
I don't believe there is a translation. I think JG just understands Japanese.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 11:06:28 pm »
Just enough to figure out the basics.

herp a derp

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 01:51:47 am »
oh.  :(

Well, do you understand enough to explain why the general public doesn't seem know about the sexual aspect of the fights in VGR?  Like, yeah, I get that they mechanically close the roof so God or somebody is unable to see the Happy Fun Time part, but that doesn't change how thousands of people in a Citrus Bowl-like arena apparently watch the events on a daily basis.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 07:18:45 am »
Nope I don't understand that either. Apparently, the right to view the matches is by invitation only, so I guess most people who get to see them don't want to spill the beans to anyone who might shut them down. But apparently someone is posting a few details, becuase the protagonist gets a lot of his background info on Yuka from the Internet, which he supplements with questions he asks her when he drops by Hannah Miller's for his daily coffee.

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 05:26:49 am »
You know, I think my favourite thing about Viper F40 is that if you give Lilia's hair a palette swap she becomes a dead ringer for Chiho. http://img239.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=50498_lilchiGrab_123_360lo.JPG
V.G Rebirth

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 11:50:23 am »
Hey, it is Chiho!

I palette swapped a few Kimura characters with Photoshop before, but didn't see that!

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 03:11:08 am »
Well, more like a lookalike than the ninja girl herself. Chiho'd never allow herself to be raped by such a loser.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 07:14:28 am »
Kaori and Seera exchanges can also be done by palette swapping.

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 02:40:18 pm »
http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=69294_SeeraKaori_123_69lo.JPG
V.G Rebirth

By the Gods, you're right!
Like this, we can create another reality where Seera lived on to fart about on computers and kick people in the face.