Author Topic: Custom VIPER Art  (Read 9343 times)

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
Custom VIPER Art
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:57:31 am »
I have been working on a VIPER-CTR project for a long time and I have been trying my best to learn how to draw in that style. Unfortunately I'm no where near as good as I need to be for it to match the quality of VIPER-CTR so I started looking around for artists who would be able to replicate it. I found quite a few on Deviant Art and I started asking around for commission work. I've decided that I'm going to leave the custom art here if it doesn't quite meet the standards that I'd like for the project. These first 2 are really good, but they don't exactly look like they would belong in VIPER-CTR. The artist's name is EldarJustED, who seems like a really cool guy.

HellotoYouSir

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: Custom VIPER Art
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 05:55:02 am »
Look great, just the "real" backgrounds making them feel detached.

G-1

• Triples Cereal was too powerful.
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・It's hard to say. Its between CTR,V8-R,F40 and V16
    • Now Playing:
      ・Too many things to keep scheduled.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 01:10:35 pm »
They look really pro, and gonna have to agree with HellotoYouSir, They seem a bit off without the drawn backgrounds. Still feels like a 90s Visual Novel though

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:23:58 pm »
Yeah, the guy who did them is pretty good, I just have some small issues with them. For one, I think their hands are too small. Also Miki's hair is actually reversed in the pic. And I agree, the background doesn't feel in place with the art. Oh well, I have 2 other artists commissioned to do some more art, so I'll probably have more to put up here soon.

HellotoYouSir

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:53:10 am »
Removed background,  5 minutes with selection tool.
Highlight of the second image didn't look right on white on white, filled in black.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 09:12:40 pm »
 :o you've gotten really good

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:29:26 pm »
Sorry, I'm not trying to mislead anyone. This isn't my art work, I wish I was at least this good. This is from a Deviant Artist named EldarJustED.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 09:02:45 pm »
I know it's been a while and I haven't updated this thread but I did get more art while looking for someone who could help me with my VIPER-CTR R project. Here's some art from artists that didn't exactly make the cut.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 09:09:31 pm »
And here's the artwork that was submitted to me by the guy that I decided to hire for the project (it's labeled as "corrected" because originally he had Miki's hair part on the wrong side). He's been working with me on the project and has done some animation work already, I might post little things here and there, but for the most part I want to keep it under wraps until the project is done. With that said, this guy has by far done the most impressive work that imitates the original. I'm excited to have a good artist to help me with it!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:51:41 pm by BremenDruid »

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 11:34:06 am »
You may want to re-up that last one as png. Otherwise, looks good.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 07:52:35 pm »
Sorry, redid it. Originally it was PNG file, but I think it was so big that the forum didn't load the thumbnail. It works now though.

Saika

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR, Viper RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online and EDOPro
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 06:47:12 am »
And here's the artwork that was submitted to me by the guy that I decided to hire for the project (it's labeled as "corrected" because originally he had Miki's hair part on the wrong side). He's been working with me on the project and has done some animation work already, I might post little things here and there, but for the most part I want to keep it under wraps until the project is done. With that said, this guy has by far done the most impressive work that imitates the original. I'm excited to have a good artist to help me with it!

I think u need to work on the body more, mostly cus Miki's arms make the body look strange, cus her arm are way to long.
Miki,#1 girl in VIPER CTR

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 01:01:32 pm »
I think u need to work on the body more, mostly cus Miki's arms make the body look strange, cus her arm are way to long.

Looks like an accurate extension of the source teleca image to me. I scaled the teleca to same size and its only a few pixels off. The logical extension of the arms carry them out to about where the artist drew them.

If you're going to nitpick, it should be about the pinch in the waist.  Edage Katsura draws uninterrupted curved lines here, not two lines intersecting.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:07:03 pm by JG »

Saika

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR, Viper RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online and EDOPro
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 01:10:47 pm »
not trying to come off as a asshole just point out something that I saw really off.

I mean not critiquing the him just pointing something thats off, could be the fact the art its self, I always love that art put it has a few mistakes.
just wanted to see Miki perfect as she is.

Miki,#1 girl in VIPER CTR

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 03:00:32 pm »
I wasn't suggesting it wasn't a valid critique. Once you pointed it out I thought the arms (especially her left, right side to us) did look a little too long, but when I compared to the source teleca, it turns out to be that's almost exactly how it would have been had the official art been expanded. And the arms don't look all that long in the bikini sketch on the right.

I'm actually rather fond of the art.  Its not quite Edage Katsura but a suitable likeness for a sequel or remake (I'm not sure which VIPER-CTR R is meant to be)

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 11:56:04 pm »
Luckily the artist is really good at using the source material to make his own thing. I honestly didn't even notice that this was replicated from the teleca artwork. Interesting. As for VIPER-CTR R, it's basically a retelling of the Northern Lights story from the beginning, with added scenes from VIPER-CTR the novel as well as others added to give more story into the background of the characters (for instance showing how Miki and Osamu met). I'm also implementing multiple endings based off of the actions that you make in the game, so no one specific "good" ending, just a bunch of different endings that can happen with each one having different outcomes for each character.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2020, 04:58:30 am »
Sounds very ambitious. Looking forward to seeing the finished product one day.