Author Topic: Wanted Carrera Hyperanimation Viper GTS resin model kit  (Read 6666 times)

azbe12

• VIPER Initiate
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper GTS
Wanted Carrera Hyperanimation Viper GTS resin model kit
« on: September 22, 2015, 09:10:50 pm »
Hi all,

I hope someone could help me. I offer 150 dollars for this resin model kit. Please e.mail me or respond to this thread. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

AZBE12

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Wanted Carrera Hyperanimation Viper GTS resin model kit
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 09:14:51 pm »
http://www.e2046.com/product/Carerra/1299/

It's long since out of stock on the original site.  These E2046 models are very low quantity models, as in 100 or less.  Some of the E2046 VIPER models are 10+ years old.  I'd certainly buy them up if I could.  But sadly, only way to get this one is to find a previous buyer who doesn't want it.  And frankly, if I saw one, I'd try to outbid you becuase I want it, too.

On the other hand they do have a different Carrera for pre-order, at a much more affordable price.  Bad news is that it may be perpetual pre-order - seems like I've seen these photos before in the past - I'm unsure if this model ever made it beyond prototyping.  I wish their site would tell us when it was first offered or when preorders would be shipped.  Website FAQ doesn't really say how long things typically stay in preorder.

But if you're really interested I could inquire on the website to see if it really is on the way soon and if so, I could preorder a few for resale in the SDM shop (I'd like one myself).  No idea when I'd get them to America though.  Could be months.  Could be never.

Of course, you could inquire the website contact with the same question and even order it yourself.  If you do either, please share any information gained so the rest of us can know if its 'safe' to preorder it.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 01:04:19 am »
How does such a historic hentai game series not get any decent modern figures? Even Rie Kawai got a few, and her game dates back to 98.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 07:45:36 am »
Perhaps becuase there was so many made in the past.  They may be more available in hobby shops than they are online so that there's little demand for new ones.

They do show up on Yahoo Japan Auctions periodically, but are typically expensive.  That $150 number azbe12 threw out is about right - its in the ballpark of what I've had to pay for the models I've acquired.

G-1

• Triples Cereal was too powerful.
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・It's hard to say. Its between CTR,V8-R,F40 and V16
    • Now Playing:
      ・Too many things to keep scheduled.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 05:18:14 pm »
How does such a historic hentai game series not get any decent modern figures? Even Rie Kawai got a few, and her game dates back to 98.

I feel you on that.  Oddly though some classics are making a comeback (Notably the Ranma S.H. Figuarts & a handful of others) Gives me some hope but dang.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 07:49:50 pm »
Regarding figurines...  I tried to win the Yahoo Japan Auction that ended today that had all three of the classic Sogna Carrera models (V6, GTS, and 3.2 models.)  I have two of them unpainted in boxes already.  These were painted but the original figurines are rare enough to go after them every time I see them, regardless of condition.  Got outbid though.  I would have bid more than it went for (about $305) but my bidding limit for my proxy site is $300 so once that was reached I was finished.  Could spark other people to sell theirs though (it seems like some sellers withhold items until they see the market tested.)

azbe12

• VIPER Initiate
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper GTS
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 03:43:57 pm »
Hi all,

I hope someone could help me. I offer 150 dollars for this resin model kit. Please e.mail me or respond to this thread. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

AZBE12

Hi everyone,

Someone just get it in a Japanese site, since I am not very familiar with Japanese sites I could not buy it. I offer 500 USD for this item if you can get it. Please let me know.

roberto_alejandro_12@hotmail.com

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 09:42:09 am »
I've never seen it for sale on Japanese sites. And given the second model is, seven years later, still in a pre-order state, that nearly confirms my suspicion that these are extremely limited in number. Its probably some smaller artist who carved the original by hand and wanted a certain number of sales before making a mold to produce more.

If I could find Sogna/VIPER figurines for sale at a decent price, I'd buy more of them for resale. But the only one I've managed to acquire hasn't sold after a year in the shop.

azbe12

• VIPER Initiate
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper GTS
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 05:37:39 pm »

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2022, 07:51:15 am »
I'm disappointed I missed that. I would have paid more than 3333 yen for it. But I can't check the auctions every day so these short 2-day auctions sometimes slip under my nose. The seller did themselves a serious disfavor by using such a short period as these figurines typically go over 10,000 yen. If unpainted they almost always get at least original price (18,000 yen for the 1/4 size models) so 3,333 is a super-bargain.

If you see it again, let me know.