Author Topic: Viper M1 bug? (May Works)  (Read 2899 times)

Anto

• VIPER Initiate
Viper M1 bug? (May Works)
« on: February 13, 2021, 12:14:26 pm »
hi, I can't seem to get the animated scenes to start from the map. If I go to any of the intended places (school, park, mini-market, industrial area) nothing happens. The weird thing is that initially everything was working fine, but now after a few runs the scenes just won't start. I've tried re-installing, playing it on a different pc, playing the downloaded game (I have the CD as well), setting compatibility to Win98, but to no avail. Also the main menu is bugged and sometimes I can't close the game. I'm using Win10 and Win7. Any ideas? Thanks

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Viper M1 bug? (May Works)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 07:49:42 pm »
The SGS engine isn't perfect on 64-bit windows. I've seen it do some odd things in V12 since WIndows 7 came along. Remember that SGS was designed in the mid-90s, so 25 years of aging has resulted in things not working perfectly anymore.

You could potentially try Gamen's Python rewrite of the SGS engine from http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3504.0. It might get around such bugs, though it might create its own as well.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 02:09:04 am »
You're probably already aware, but just to be sure, the game does lock you out of the hiding spot areas by design depending on your choices. If you picked the third of the four options during Kabuto and Suraimu's introduction argument to run away early, then you end up in the state where none of the main ending spots are available on the map and Maki can only get captured at the trap points. You have to pick the fourth option to listen to their full introduction and then the other endings open up.

Anto

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 05:19:19 am »
You're probably already aware, but just to be sure, the game does lock you out of the hiding spot areas by design depending on your choices. If you picked the third of the four options during Kabuto and Suraimu's introduction argument to run away early, then you end up in the state where none of the main ending spots are available on the map and Maki can only get captured at the trap points. You have to pick the fourth option to listen to their full introduction and then the other endings open up.

oh thanks, that was it! I wasn't aware of that lol