Author Topic: F40 maze logic  (Read 3086 times)

GBS

• VIPER Initiate
F40 maze logic
« on: March 06, 2021, 08:24:43 am »
Hi, I'm an amateur/demi-pro coder.
In the effort of making a first person dungeon crawler, I've remembered that F40 own an exploration section, and use a set of pictures to hint rotation and steps.
I was able to decrypt pictures many years ago, and there was some clever idea I cannot remember (and apparently no one nowadays seem to come with...).

So, in a word: did someone own such pictures, or an archive I can download? I don't  mind the entire game, just those pics (or the .dat that contain them).

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: F40 maze logic
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 09:21:31 am »
Most general image extraction tools like Susie, Grapholic, and Garbro can handle Sogna's DAT format, though some of them bomb on the very large images. Additionally there are some Sogna-specific tools, like my own DecomposeSGS that can be found here: http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/forum/index.php?topic=263.0

Technically the artwork is still owned by Sogna under copyright. F50, M1, and GTB also have overhead maze type maps.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: F40 maze logic
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 04:09:42 pm »
I'm not sure F40 had a maze. At least, I can't seem to identify which ANM file has the graphics for it if it did. I think maybe you're confusing it with the Lanjerie games (in which F40's Raika is present) or you meant F50 rather than F40.

I have been able to collect the character graphics from all the games in which I can identify character sprites that face cardinal directions for maze and mapping navigation: F50, M1, GTB, RSR, Lanjerie series, and VIPER Island Vol. 2.