Author Topic: Here is a toughy  (Read 36379 times)

yeyek

• Casual VIPER Fan
Re: Here is a toughy
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 01:09:31 pm »
JG00:
I'm also a fan of Lakers series. I have played all 3 games but lost my copy. Can you upload the games for me? Thanks in advance.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 07:42:00 pm »
Sure, only becuase I want to spread the goodness that is Lakers.

These are the only versions I have though.  I would be greatly appreciative of anyone who posts the other Japanese PC98 versions or the Windows versions.  You'll need a DOS emulator or an old PC to run the DOS/V versions.  Anex86 is included with the PC98 version of 3.

Lakers I - Chinese DOS/V
Lakers II - Chinese DOS/V
Lakers III - Chinese DOS/V
Lakers III - Japanese PC98

A truckload of Rep+ points to anyone who downloads these and solves the decompression of the OZM and OZ2 image files.  Use these if you need to compare to manually extracted bitmaps.  I could get far enough to decode the palette, but not the bitmap data.

Lakers I CG
Lakers II CG
Lakers III CG

yeyek

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »
Sorry for the long delay in replying your post.

Thanks for sharing, but I can only get the CG. Can you upload those files again?

The version I got long time ago were the DOS/V version, not the PC98 ones. I don't remember clearly but I think the Lakers 3 I got was the rip version because there was no music. I don't remember if there's an opening/ending movie.

I just got the Lakers artbook from e-hentai. I can upload it if someone wants it.

Thanks in advance :)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 07:15:45 am »
Games have been reuploaded.

yeyek

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 06:42:15 pm »
Games have been reuploaded.
Thanks, I've downloaded all the games now. I just noticed that some of the girls name are different between the Chinese and Japanese version. Dunno why they changed some of the names.

Do you have the newer Windows version? I read in Wikipedia that Apple Pie released the Windows version for each of the Lakers series during 1996-1997. It's hard to find the old Japanese games.

Source:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%81%96%E5%B0%91%E5%A5%B3%E6%88%A6%E9%9A%8A%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 09:31:30 am »
Thanks, I've downloaded all the games now. I just noticed that some of the girls name are different between the Chinese and Japanese version. Dunno why they changed some of the names.

Some of the names may not translate well or be pronounced the same in Chinese.  Hard to say exactly why.

Do you have the newer Windows version? I read in Wikipedia that Apple Pie released the Windows version for each of the Lakers series during 1996-1997.

No I don't have any either Windows game but would like to get them.

Munemune

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:47 am »
I'm glad this topic still exists-- I found it a long time ago and bookmarked it.  I wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread-- I've been a long time fan of the lovely girls that are the Lakers for a long, long time... so having a resource (however limited) that could tell me about their identities and personalities beyond merely their names was a real blessing.

Myself?  It's old history, but I was the person who screencapped Natsune's iconic chest and posted it into a certain yahoo group all those years ago... but all the knowledge and resources gathered since, I can't take any credit for that!  Thank you, JG, for your wonderful character write-ups, and the posting of the in game data rips and all else.  As a fan of Natsune, Chiaki, Yayoi, and all the rest of them, finally knowing them really was the greatest thing I could ever find.

It's hardly anything, but the least I can do is repay yours, and everyone else's, kindness in some way... so here's art I was able to come across from the Windows port of Sei Shoujo Sentai Lakers III.  Again, thank you all so much.  I know thread necro is bad forum etiquette, but I really wanted to do something for this thread-- especially since the anniversary of Lakers III's intial release date was just yesterday!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 04:34:08 pm »
Its a shame older stuff like VIPER and Lakers is fading into history. I'm still delighted when I find new fanart on pixiv and similar places, but as rare as it is to find VIPER stuff (mostly Cala these days), Lakers is even rarer. I think its been 2 or 3 years since I've come across anything new.

Munemune

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2019, 09:32:33 am »
Well, I've seen a couple of fan arts lately on Twitter, so there's some interest out there.  Was there still an interest or want to get those Windows versions of the game?  I've got the Windows port of Lakers I & II in transit (held up by all this Golden Week, of course), but I want to know if there's a real need for extracting what's on the disc when it arrives, or if that has long ago been fulfilled?

Here's a fan art of Natsune from just last year.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 04:13:31 pm »
Well, I've seen a couple of fan arts lately on Twitter, so there's some interest out there.  Was there still an interest or want to get those Windows versions of the game?  I've got the Windows port of Lakers I & II in transit (held up by all this Golden Week, of course), but I want to know if there's a real need for extracting what's on the disc when it arrives, or if that has long ago been fulfilled?

I feel like I've bought the Windows ports in the past, but I'm not sure what box they might be in within my closet or if I'm just thinking I own them. I'm pretty sure there wasn't any additional artwork like there was on the Lakers 3 Windows disc that you posted above. If I owned them I surely would have checked.

I do have all three of the Japanese PC98 versions now (instead of just chapter III that I posted above), in both PC98 digital formats (FDI and HDI) as well as actual physical disks. Those I found with a quick peek into my closet but the Windows versions weren't in the same box which leads me to suspect I do not own them.

Here's a fan art of Natsune from just last year.

You are my hero this week. It is rare for someone here to present anything either VIPER or Lakers related that I'd not discovered first.

yeyek

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 12:46:33 pm »
It's hardly anything, but the least I can do is repay yours, and everyone else's, kindness in some way... so here's art I was able to come across from the Windows port of Sei Shoujo Sentai Lakers III.  Again, thank you all so much.  I know thread necro is bad forum etiquette, but I really wanted to do something for this thread-- especially since the anniversary of Lakers III's intial release date was just yesterday!
What? You got the Windows port of Lakers III? Could you upload it somewhere?

@JG:
Someone just uploaded Windows port of Lakers I & II. Can I post it here?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 01:48:38 pm »
I don't have a problem if old games are posted - the original producer isn't making any money off sales (and like Sogna, APPLE PIE is long dead as a company)

Its the newer stuff, particularly doujinshi, that I frown upon and may take action against. I want to give people time to make their money, but after a while, it may be more productive to give it away for free to spark interest in paying for the new stuff.  Sadly, there isn't really all that much new stuff for either VIPER or Lakers games.

So go ahead and post these here (and part III if someone could share it.)  Using the forum's attachment feature is preferred to offsite links - assuming it fits under the 20MB limit.

yeyek

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2019, 03:11:42 am »
I don't have a problem if old games are posted - the original producer isn't making any money off sales (and like Sogna, APPLE PIE is long dead as a company)

Its the newer stuff, particularly doujinshi, that I frown upon and may take action against. I want to give people time to make their money, but after a while, it may be more productive to give it away for free to spark interest in paying for the new stuff.  Sadly, there isn't really all that much new stuff for either VIPER or Lakers games.

So go ahead and post these here (and part III if someone could share it.)  Using the forum's attachment feature is preferred to offsite links - assuming it fits under the 20MB limit.
Sorry for being late in replying. A certain loser orchestrated riots in my country. It was really a mess this week. Things are getting better now.

Here's the link. Someone uploaded it in 4chan. Be careful, I haven't tried it. Scan it using antivirus first.

4chan thread:
http://boards.4channel.org/vr/thread/5584310
Backup (4chan deletes old threads after some time passes)
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/5584310

If only I could get Lakers III Windows.

Munemune

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2019, 07:49:08 pm »
Yeah, that's my copy!  Scanned the paperwork and did what I could to make it a painless procedure.  I posted it to 4chan first as I saw a topical PC98 thread, and I felt there was a wider audience.  The day I get the third game, I'll do the same!

Munemune

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 08:26:27 pm »
And after a long delay of radio silence, I can say I own it now!  So, here's the direct copied files of the Windows port of Lakers III:

https://mega.nz/#!wHBXWIxY!trbQOA9KA6FOAbXM-Zbob49Xck-Eyr2KQe0r3YWgTq8

Notably, this one will require someone with some technical skill to rip the graphics data from, as it's not merely obvious bitmaps like the last game.  Still, imagine my surprise when I realized that they decided to also fill the disc with complete voice acting!  It installs ok, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to display Japanese characters for the text...

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 03:49:15 pm »
No technical skills needed.  Most of these OZ2 files are standard bitmap files, unlike the OZ2 files from the DOS version which is compressed in some manner. Just rename extension and should open in your preferred viewer.

A few of them have a header of AM instead of BM, but I fixed the first byte on one of them and then it appeared as valid bitmap.  Unsure if there's extra image data in these files or not though.

Munemune

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 07:08:06 pm »
Ah, thank you!  That works perfectly.  Since I likely won't play to the end, it's nice to sneak at peak at the ending screens they added this way.  Maybe one day Lakers material will be translated... still, I've practically got a "complete" collection of the franchise now!

Munemune

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 02:22:02 am »
...and speaking of things working perfectly, I'm a twit.  I didn't even realize that the game refuses to run without the disc, even from a full install.  It's no problem for me, obvously, but it makes the files I uploaded pointless since the game's unplayable with those alone.

So, I gave a try at making a .ISO of the CDrom.  I think it works, but I admit, this is my first doing such a thing.  Here's the link:

https://mega.nz/#!ZbgG3YaQ!EtX3u-7Ce6MDTLMauz_Fv0yuWWgxfFDu1Q2xroUg-ec

yeyek

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 04:14:34 pm »
...and speaking of things working perfectly, I'm a twit.  I didn't even realize that the game refuses to run without the disc, even from a full install.  It's no problem for me, obvously, but it makes the files I uploaded pointless since the game's unplayable with those alone.

So, I gave a try at making a .ISO of the CDrom.  I think it works, but I admit, this is my first doing such a thing.  Here's the link:

https://mega.nz/#!ZbgG3YaQ!EtX3u-7Ce6MDTLMauz_Fv0yuWWgxfFDu1Q2xroUg-ec
I saw your post in 4chan. Thank you so much. I've been waiting Lakers Windows version for years. Now all are available.

Munemune

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2019, 12:56:31 am »
Just glad to help repay all the Lakers kindness from over the years.  Now that I prodded into the assets, here's all the brand new images featuring the characters for the Windows port (for those who want the content without having to actually play an untranslated game), pulled directly from the game itself..