Author Topic: Viper Translations  (Read 6098 times)

AkiraFan

• VIPER Initiate
  • Anonymous would be proud.
Viper Translations
« on: January 31, 2006, 01:53:04 pm »
Well I am pretty new to the forum, but have been a long time fan of the Viper series and of course the beautiful red head waitress Akira.  But I also love a good story, having muscled my way though V16 and GTS I have been searching the web for translations of the game or for that matter a script of the games and their endings.  Now I am coming to the professionals, can someone please help this poor fan? 

surllyirishman

• VIPER Initiate
Re: Viper Translations
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 06:25:10 pm »
Word on the street is that JG00 is working on some sort of translation patch for all the Viper games (check the thread near the top of the board about sgs). I have no idea where his progress stands or when he will have working translations, though.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Viper Translations
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 07:42:36 pm »
Its not patch (though if I ever got ahold of the .WIN file format structure, it could happen)
It's a side-by-side text extractor that has an Altavista Babelfish translation engine in it.  Obviously that doesn't make for great transations, but enough to follow what's happening.

At this time I'm really only interested in giving it out to people who wish to help me script the game text, with which I could make a more accurate translation than what Babelfish supplies.  If you're interested, send a private message.