Author Topic: So, what else is there at this point?  (Read 3218 times)

Arizona

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • If I get killed it's your fault!
So, what else is there at this point?
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:30:33 pm »
It feels like 80 years ago I started a thread where I went over various Sogna and Silence staff members - and wouldn't you know it, last time I updated it was four years ago today. It's possible I could be missing people who I should be able to dig up something useful on still, but I don't think so. Part of it is, of course, my own limited abilities (I am not Japanese fluent), so I can only go so far.

Every once in a while, I think about what could possibly be gone over at this point, so I might as well put it out there: what else IS there that is worth pursuing history or information wise?

-Interviews or articles? There's the Sogna Information booklets, but I don't know if any of the content in those is worth pursuing, as it might just all be ad copy and product hype. If there was anything I knew was DEFINITELY worth it, I might consider going to the effort of commissioning a translation.

-Wikipedia? The Sogna Wikipedia page has what appears to be a basic history of the company, but it has a notice for poor citation - I am a little concerned trying to use that as hard reference could just lead to bad Japanese rumors circulating as bad English rumors (as has often been the case, since some people seem to think anything written in Japanese is the word of God >_>;;)

-Something else somewhere?? I don't know!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: So, what else is there at this point?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:48:05 am »
Well one of my pet projects for the site was to come up with an Influenced By / Influenced page.  This would list things that the Sogna/Silence games drew inspriation or design components from, such as Ranma 1/2, Dirty Pair Flash, Variable Geo, Super Zugan (a 1992 tv show), waitress restaurants, and Little Shop of Horrors. Or list things that apparently draw inspiration from the Sogna games, such as the Love Fetish games, the Green/Love Escalator series, Lakers 3 (brief animation), and Chuushaki 2 (the three nurses are a tough redhead, timid blonde with braids and glasses, and a more mature one with dark hair.)

Chasing some of these links in the chain may reveal some more insight such as common artists or writers between the two.