Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 1 for the Nintendo Entertainment System  (Read 11841 times)

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: Super Mario Bros. 1 for the Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 08:58:56 pm »
But you can make him mad by jumping up and down on his head in Sunshine.  I also like to try to buy things in Super Princess Peach that I can't afford just to see that Shop Toad get p-oed.

Sounds like fun. After all those years of Toad saying, "But our princess is in another castle!" Toad has finally gotten what's coming to him. However, Nintendo STILL doesn't allow you to kill him, just make him mad.

The Nintendo approved solution? Pick up an old copy of Super Mario Brothers 2 for NES (Or Gameboy Advance, just as good) and select Toad. Then you can have Toad die by running into enemies and/or having him fall in the abyss. Total payback!

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 09:27:13 pm »
Did you even PLAY the MegaMan or Ninja Gaiden games? Those had a LOT more than just an animated GIF.

myself i still play alot of 8 bit NES games.True,they can do so much more with recent games,but i still play the old stuff.Some of my recent import game purchases were 8 bit stuff...

1. Wily and Light's RockBoard- That's Paradise! for NES...in a Megaman game that never hit the USA,Wily decides to take over the world buy buying all it's property.It plays like Monopoly,has 4 different gameboards/maps,supports 4 players at the same time,and features Wily,Dr Light,Roll, Dr Cossack and Kalinka Cossack as your playable characters. Megaman hosts the game and sets up options.I've beaten 2 of the maps as Wily so far.

2. Kunio-Kun Nekketsu Collection 3 for GBA...collects Ike Ike!Nekketsu Hockey-bu (AKA Crash N The Boys- Ice Challenge) and the game known as Technos Samurai on one GBA cart.The game kept the 8 bit NES graphics and sound.

3. Downtown Nekketsu Kousinkyoko-Soreyuke Daiundokai for NES...Kunio and some pals/rivals comptete in sports events,like obstacles courses and fighting tournments. Supports 4 players at the same time.

4. Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu for NES...Another Kunio game,it's story mode is a 2 vs 2 fighting tournament that features a 'create your own character' mode,and also has a 4 player battle royale,everyone for themself,last man standing wins!

I also enjoy alot of USA NES games like River City Ransom/Crash N The boys Street Challenge(if you didn't notice already...lol),Castlevania 1-3,Ninja Gaiden 1-3,Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street,among others. (Yeah,me and the guys still play the 4 player mode on Elm Street yet...lol...good times.) I'll never get tired of the NES, because it's got a number of good games that i still enjoy playing.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 09:36:57 pm »
Anyone see that Super Mario race clip thing lying around on the net? Haha...