Author Topic: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike  (Read 50096 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Re: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2006, 11:20:28 pm »
We don't usually take Shotos (okay, maybe he does more than me)... most of the time when we play, we play mirror matches. xD

I hate that. I can't stand fighting the same character that I'm using. I out-think myself, not the other player, and always lose.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2006, 11:56:14 pm »
I'm good with the Shotos. Haha (who isn't? XD)

People I play with lose interest after I take Yun because I GJ them to death... I play with Yang but usually his health just gets spilled by some bad player who constantly attacks with a jump in RK then low RK.

But hey I'll try it out!

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2006, 01:30:51 am »
Hm. Anyone have any Urien tips? I'm having trouble buffering. And I'm lost with the partitioning business. Should I give up on the Aegis Reflector? I heard multi Chariot Rushes are impossible on a pad =\

Oh, I quit Yun, too. I switched to Makoto =p

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2006, 01:46:30 am »
Have fun with her. Learn her SA2 stuff and you'll stun the entire world (in a literal sense). I know nothing of Urien. I never even considered him as an option because a) I can't play charge characters, and b) he wears a thong.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

LordRyunson

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2006, 02:39:21 am »
I got the game on Dreamcast, and Urien plays pretty well, despite him being a weaker version of Gill.

Take advantage of his long reach. He's no Dhalsim, but he does have just a good of a reach as his brother. His projectiles can be used in order to keep the oppoent at bay, or to cancel his or her own projectiles.

His rush moves and flip attacks are great for sailing over the projectiles, and into the opponent.

His supermoves include an upgraded Kill Ball, (You know, he shouts out "KILL" when he launches his projectile.) Tyrant Punish (A great move for a beatdown character) and Ageis Reflector to cancel projectiles, and to keep ypur opponent in the corner.

For further practice, look to Capcom Fighting Evolution, where he is also playable. Sure it stinks, but he's in there, and that's all it matters.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2006, 12:07:09 am »
Coolness, thanks.

Yeah I can't get Makoto down. She has fast, hard movements compared to the ones I always take who have no lag after their moves.

I have a nasty habit of cancelling her hayate =p
I can cancel into her Abare Tosanami from her FP, but I need to work on the timing.

Is there ANY use for her shoryu? o_O

GET READY TO DIE!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2006, 12:57:42 am »
After SA2 you can dash in and do it. It does a metric fuckton of stun damage. Also, her crouching MK stuffs a lot of moves.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2007, 06:40:23 pm »
Just recently started playing again. I'm rusty as hell, and my abilities are set back so far I'd probably get monkey-stomped by even the crudest of scrubs. I remember everything I'm supposed to do as Dudley (just gotta get used to doing it again), but I don't remember half of what Yun was made of.

rygax

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I is the Metal!
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2007, 06:43:39 pm »
Just recently started playing again. I'm rusty as hell, and my abilities are set back so far I'd probably get monkey-stomped by even the crudest of scrubs

I hear that. I used to tear it up with Twelve, but in a recent bout with my little brother I was so out of practice I had to resort to a shotoclone just to get the job done. This can not stand!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2007, 07:13:33 pm »
Gotta put that practice in! Too bad I got crushed by homework 2 days after that post was made. >_< This weekend will be a good opportunity.

rygax

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I is the Metal!
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2007, 07:26:41 pm »
I hear that. After I get home, work out, and eat dinner I'm usually too wiped to do any gaming. Still a chance to reclaim my former fighting glory shall give me the strength I need!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2007, 08:33:41 pm »
I just need time to sit in training mode and practice hit-confirms and combo sequences and I'll be good to go.

rygax

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I is the Metal!
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2007, 08:35:21 pm »
Ugg re-memorizing the frame rate is going to be a pain...

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2007, 10:02:28 pm »
That's way too much damn work. I find it's better to figure out such things naturally through gameplay. It's less of a strain that way.

rygax

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I is the Metal!
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2007, 05:05:42 pm »
True, but then true mastery will forever elude you! Naw I get what you're saying, and my last comment was a bit of a joke anyway. The only game I took the time to memorize the framerate was KOF 2002, mostly so I could include some of the K9999's Desperation moves into larger combos.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2007, 09:13:31 pm »
Actually memorizing frames and stuff would feel too much like studying, and a game's not fun if it's work.

rygax

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I is the Metal!
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2007, 11:57:34 am »
Ah but using the knowledge gained through hours of studying to reduce your friends to the level of sniveling infants whenever they face you: that's where the fun comes in.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2007, 06:09:37 pm »
I do that anyway without the study. XD It probably takes me longer to reach such a level of ownage though.

rygax

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I is the Metal!
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2007, 07:27:14 pm »
Yeah but I'm sure you get there eventually. Different paths I guess.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2007, 08:14:25 pm »
More or less. I like the gradual climb my skill takes. I feel like I can track my progress more that way.