Author Topic: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike  (Read 49865 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
« on: February 06, 2006, 02:50:30 pm »
Another Sticky topic, this time for SF3:TS. I don't think I'm gonna make individual posts for character info this time, seeing as the other thread's posts haven't been filled out very much. This is just for general discussion. Talk story, gameplay, whether or not Q is Balrog, and all that.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
Re: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:50:17 pm »
Didn't I make a Third Strike thread? o_O

Anything on the Shotos - Dan + Sean, Yun and Yang, I'm ready for. =]

I'm working on Dudley but everyone uses him at the arcades in my area, I prefer Genei Jin for the win.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 12:40:43 am »
You may have, but I don't know where the hell it went and am too damn lazy to go get it. Shotos are my bane. I'm a Dudley player with Chun-Li on backup, and the damn shotos are the only ones who regularly give me trouble.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 09:54:16 am »
Ryu players: Expect a lot of hados//solar plexus kicks --
Ken: EX Tatsumaki, low forward to jab shoryu//SA
Akuma: Be aggressive

That's what I try to remember when fighting the shotos.

I H A T E C H U N L I .

Ridiculous, haha... I always lose against Chun. I can parry her SAII, but only when I'm not under pressure. =/

Got any Dudley combos//juggles?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 08:48:55 pm »
f.HK-SAIII
F.MP--SAIII
cr.LP, cr.LP, SAIII/SAI

Those are my super-arts combos of choice. Otherwise I'm usually just poking the hell out of people, though I won't pass up an opportunity to EX Machine Gun Blow and juggle with...Oh, I think it's standing MP into Jet Upper. Not sure.

tsar

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • EVERYBODY DANCE!
    • deviantART is for fags
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 08:03:25 pm »
I like using Yun, with his SA I. Fun juggling with that and his DP+P moves.

I'm pretty terrible at parrying though, unless it's projectiles or air/incoming attacks.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 07:17:46 pm »
Yun Gen'ei Jin whore here. =]

Hey man, show me some SAI juggles. I can hever get the DP+P move after the You Hou.

tsar

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • EVERYBODY DANCE!
    • deviantART is for fags
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 03:37:03 pm »
I don't have a way to capture video so I guess the only way I can "show" you is by telling you that you've got to do his DP+MP almost immediately after the You Hou, usually I just start mashing the command like crazy after I see him do the third hit.

A standard combo to do with him and his SA I is lp,lp,lk,mp,dp+lp->qcfx2+p, and then catch with dp+mp, then try a dp+lp or just end with a qcf+p.

MAAAAJTD

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • http://www.geocities.com/dtjaaaamjs/games.html
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 05:00:32 am »
Alex is my fighter of choice.  I really wish he was in more games, I miss bashing people with overhead punches and Boomerang Raid...

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 07:24:08 pm »
"You can't escape!"
"Yes I can, watch me!"

Haha. That dialog is sooooo common at the arcades now, haha. It's because the Alex players here suck. I took him but I had trouble 360ing, so I stuck to Yun. I was beasting with him the other day, SAI, so thanks, Khris, for that combo. Haha.

LordRyunson

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 07:47:23 pm »
As for my expirience, I too am a Chun Li player. I sometimes use other characters like Akuma as an example. In the home, Dreamcast version, I'm either a Hugo Player or a Gill Player. And maybe Urien as well.

"GET READY TO DIE!!"

Weaker Gill, but at least he's strong enough to hold his own.

tsar

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • EVERYBODY DANCE!
    • deviantART is for fags
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 10:39:57 pm »
This isn't really much different from the previous combo I posted for Yun's SAI, but it does more damage and is easier:
(close)mk,dp+mp->qcfx2+p and then continue with a dp+p juggle or however you like to end it with.

My main problem is with an arcade stick. At home on the XBOX I can land EVERYTHING but when it comes to the stick, I just can't do it. I've got similar problems with the PS controllers.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:15 am »
It's just a matter of adjusting. After 2 or 3 matches on a new controller I can finally start owning at my usual level.

LordRyunson

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 02:30:35 pm »
Thankfully I managed to master the Dreamcast version of the game, regardless of controllers. The previous editions don't do so well control-wise, however.

Previous Editions are the SFIII and SFIII Double Impact two pack. 

tsar

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • EVERYBODY DANCE!
    • deviantART is for fags
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 04:57:48 pm »
It's just a matter of adjusting. After 2 or 3 matches on a new controller I can finally start owning at my usual level.
Heh, yeah. It takes me a bit longer than 2 or 3 matches to adjust. I finally was able to do a half-assed Gravedigger loop after at least 8 matches in GGXXS. On a Street Fighter 3 note, though, I really have a problem with Japanese-styled sticks and the dragon punch motion. I think I've successfully completed one of those Yun combos once or twice in the arcade.

PROTIP: For some reason, a lot of people fall for QCF+HP with Yun from across the screen. I don't know why, but I can manage to hit people with it 80 percent of the time I use it, unless I'm spamming with it. My guess is that they think it's a MP version which doesn't reach, that and it's fairly easy to hit with while they're at the low point of their jump.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 08:39:34 pm »
Wait, you have access to Slash!? I wanna play Slash! How'd you get Slash? Tell me in the GG thread.

LordRyunson

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 08:53:48 pm »
Wait, you have access to Slash!? I wanna play Slash! How'd you get Slash? Tell me in the GG thread.

Wait, who's Slash, and where did he come from?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 09:00:23 pm »
Slash is the latest Guilty Gear game. Heh, sorry.

LordRyunson

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 09:31:01 pm »
Has Sammy run out of ideas already?

In other notes, it was classic of me to unleash Gill's fury on the world after I unlocked him in third strike, the home, dreamcast version.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 09:33:35 pm »
I hate Gill. Aegis Reflector the popsicle to death. xD

Sidenote:  SLASH?!?!?!?! WHERE?!?!??!

Anyhoo, I'm back to Ken beastage for now, while I learn to not Gou Zankuu with Akuma. I'm already getting used to the demon flips and the normals and all.  After I'm used to  Gou Shoryu I'll move on to Gou Rasen, hehe... But for Ken it's Jinrai all the way =]