Author Topic: Samurai Warriors 3/Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 4906 times)

MMX

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Bang the doll slowly.
Samurai Warriors 3/Monster Hunter Tri
« on: October 03, 2010, 05:17:34 pm »
Anybody play either of these games?  They're basically all I do with my spare time nowadays.  Instead of like, you know, pursuing my life goals and dreams, etc.

I would be interested in multiplayer, because I'm bored.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
Re: Samurai Warriors 3/Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 08:46:20 pm »
The closest i played to a Monster Hunter was PSO, and that was ages ago. 

Since Hyperguy and JGOO are fans of the DS, perhaps we can all go adventuring one day if the online on the 3DS pans out.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 12:07:15 am »
Last Koei game I played was Orochi Warriors on PC.

What are your life goals and dreams?  A lot can be learned from Nobunaga.

Interestingly enough, there are MMOs for Monster Hunter(Monster Hunter Frontier) and for Dynasty Warriors(Dynasty Warriors Online) now, the latter of which is getting closer to beta.

Dynasty Warriors Online

Monster Hunter Frontier

Here's hoping all of the 3DS games will have net access and not just local ad hoc multiplayer.  Almost makes me wish there was a hack for DQIX that'd let you party over the internet.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:15:35 am by Hyperguy »

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:55 pm »
I'm aware of the online versions.  Never had the chutzpah to wade through the languages/ip blockings to play either one, though.  Been satisfied with the individual installments.

I'm still pissed they never released Musou Orochi X in NA region =/  but I'll settle for Sengoku Musou 3... for now.

Sengoku Basara 3, on the other hand... fated for a PS3/X360 release... IN THE WEST NO LESS... and what do they do?  They make the voices English only.  Dear fucking christ, listen to Uesugi Kenshin in this clip:

It's like fucking christ are you trying to rape my ear lobes?

Especially when you compare to the original JP seiyuu... like Mitsunari Ishida's voice... "Ieyasu... Ieyasu... Ieyasu... Ieyasu...!"

... Damn... youtube options in urls don't work in the youtube tags on this board... Just skip to 2m23s... it will scar you.  Although you can start from the beginning and see how they MASSACRED KANETSUGU.  Even without the horrible voice acting... disrespecting Naoe like that, damnit Capcom.

Capcom really has to step up their Basara games on the western market.. Koei is just coasting along with Musou... no competition from Basara so long as Capcom doesn't take it seriously in the west.  Their first iteration was "Devil Kings" and what lesson do they take from that? "Oh the west doesn't care about sengoku or musou type games"  Fuck you Capcom, fuck you.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:47:18 pm »
Almost makes me wish there was a hack for DQIX that'd let you party over the internet.

If it did, and also fixed the absurdity of a critical hit on a miss or dodge, it would be the most perfect game since Mrs. Pac-Man.