Author Topic: Soul Calibur IV  (Read 17108 times)

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: Soul Calibur IV
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 03:22:05 pm »
Awesome.  I've always done best with Sophitia and Cassandra.  I like their balance of speed and power.  I also find it hilarious that (this is more pathalogical in the DOA series) the female fighters tend to be better than the male ones.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 06:03:42 pm »
I'm on the Cassandra train, sittin' next to bfg. I suck at 3D fighters, so I lose horribly, but hell, it's fun anyway. I think before the posts got wiped, I had mentioned the ridiculousness of the female main costumes. I stand by that statement. Their secondary/tertiary costumes are generally much better. Also, Siegfried and Nightmare are terrible. I simply cannot come up with an answer for them.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

BubblegumCake

• Cynical Pink
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Frosting~!
    • My ACP Page
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 09:49:51 pm »
Cassie is TOO DAMN BOUNCY. I don't care how many times I've said it already. Also, Nightmare makes me laugh. Everytime he says something, I go really loudly to the TV: "What? W..Wait.. What was that? I can't understand you... "   ... LAWLS. Stupid mouth-hell lava steam stomach mouth.
Always....
Alyson
<3 <3 <3

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »
True Cassie is bouncy but I like her combat rythm.  However I do prefer Sophitia to her.  I also enjoy Seung Mina too as she has reach and good speed.  Nightmare and Sigfried are fun, especially cause they have incredible reach and power.

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 11:57:16 pm »
I've always been a fan of the long range characters: Zasalamel, Kilik, and Seong-Mina, mainly.  I'm also decent with Taki, Talim, and Voldo for speedier characters.

And hooray for bewb customization for female characters in Create-A-Soul Mode!  <3

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 08:20:20 pm »
My best fighting style's the ninja class from SC3 with Mitsurugi next and Setsuka third.  Did they bring back all of the SC3 CAW fighting styles in SC4?

And hooray for bewb customization for female characters in Create-A-Soul Mode!  <3
Cheers!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 10:59:10 pm »
Played again the other night. I'm getting the hang of it, though I still lose more with Cassandra than I'd like. I tried The Apprentice, and he's pretty fun, but the horrible anachronism that is Star Wars people in a Medieval swords/sorcery setting is horribly jarring. Also, I stand by my previous complaint that the fanservice is getting retarded and that the character designs should pay attention to the fact that these people are fighting other people with big, sharp weapons, and should therefore be at least a LITTLE bit armored.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 01:00:16 am »
Did they bring back all of the SC3 CAW fighting styles in SC4?

Unfortunately no, unless there's some way to unlock it, which I'm not aware of.  =/  Afaik, you have to use a moveset based on one of the original characters... meaning you can't use Vader's, Yoda's, or the Apprentice's moveset.  However, you can change this as many times as you like, unlike in SC3.  If you intend on getting through the Tower of Souls, you'll be tweaking your characters and their abilities a lot.

A friend of mine also liked playing as the ninja class in SC3.  He always liked pulling off that one sword-shaped flame move, lol.  He's using Yun-Seoung's style now.

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 08:20:10 pm »
aww... i wasn't satisfied with SC3's CAS but I still appreciated that you could use movesets other than the default characters'....

btw when Bubbles says that Cass is bouncy does she mean her playstyle or her tatas?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 09:49:55 pm »
I was wondering that, too. Given that this is Soul Calibur and not DOA, I suspect it's just referring to her very energetic combat stance, and not so much the bounce of breasts (which seems to happen wildly in DOA even if they're just gently bending their knees)

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 10:18:41 pm »
I was wondering that, too. Given that this is Soul Calibur and not DOA, I suspect it's just referring to her very energetic combat stance, and not so much the bounce of breasts (which seems to happen wildly in DOA even if they're just gently bending their knees)

This, pretty much, although I think there is a little bit of jiggle in there.  =P

She's DEFINITELY got the most fanservicey Final Smash though...  o_o;

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 10:49:52 pm »
Ass of Death. It's hilarious, I die laughing every time.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 11:05:06 pm »
Well Sophitia had a move in SC2 where she grabbed your head between her thighs then body slammed you.

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 11:45:36 pm »
Well Sophitia had a move in SC2 where she grabbed your head between her thighs then body slammed you.

Oddly enough, I think Voldo also has that move now...  =x

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 06:17:37 pm »
Goddamn Voldo.