Author Topic: Star Fox  (Read 18938 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Star Fox
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:25:34 pm »
I love this series, even though the only one I've ever played is Star Fox 64. I loved Macbeth; it was the PERFECT rail-shooting experience for me, even though it used the Landmaster instead of the Arwing. Hell, it's probably because of the Landmaster that I loved it so much.

Anyway, ITT Star Fox discussion.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Xierfrogs

• End Boss
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • How Was Your Eye Surgery, Chaos-Prostitute?
    • The Guillo Dance (Blog)
Re: Star Fox
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 10:37:15 pm »
I loved 64, but couldn't stand "adventures" jesus what a bad idea. "hurr hurr, lets make a star fox game WITHOUT THE SPASECHIPS!"

assault was pretty good, but they still didn't make the CPU capable of shaking stupid bogeys off, so you still have to save ass again.

Sorry to jet, but I'm in a hurry
"The American people have spoken. And they said: 'Durr, I likes chocomut ice cream'"-The Onion

Trapani21

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:48:44 am »
The original Starfox on the SNES was one of the hardest games for the platform, and 64 was a great remake. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the Gamecube version.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 09:35:42 am »
Yeah, I played Assault in a store I think, and I remember thinking it wasn't as good as 64. I skipped over the one without flying/shooting crap because, well...that's Star Fox's entire deal. Star Fox without shooting crap in a plane/tank is just wrong.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Xierfrogs

• End Boss
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 12:22:34 pm »
The multiplayer isn't very good either in assault. It's 3rd person shooter style, and it DOESN'T work. at all. srsly.

I just want mah damn spash-ships and mah lazors.
"The American people have spoken. And they said: 'Durr, I likes chocomut ice cream'"-The Onion

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 03:42:44 pm »
I love the 64 version, good times.  I really liked the Independence Day level, Sector Y...come to think of it most of the levels were alot of fun.  I really wish that the 64 version allowed co-op on the main missions, with each player taking a member of the team ala the versus mode.  I also wish that there were more maps on the versus mode.  I would love to see a new Star Fox game with the old 64 spirit on the Wii.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 03:46:16 pm by bfg00 »

Xierfrogs

• End Boss
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 04:58:17 pm »
Verily agreed about a Wii starfox gaem. I would like to see if they can make Wiimote controls successful like they did with Prime 3. (of course, different type of game there, but it would be easy to see using the wiimote to target, having a lock on, using the + pad for calling teammates, and other buttons to do the fun "BARRUL ROWL!" kinda stuff.)

And for heavensakes, make the team not be DUMB this time.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 07:36:09 pm »
They were smart enough in 64 that I didn't mind them. I've occasionally had them take kills out from under me or save their own butts while I was en route to bailing them out.

Xierfrogs

• End Boss
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 09:23:36 pm »
I guess I was unlucky.

I still hate having to hear the "help me!" or "i got one!" liek: big deal, I got 10 in the time it took you to get one.

mouse hand hurts so much b/c ms paint. ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

superubercow

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 06:24:17 am »
I remember playing SF 64 way back as a kid as well as the original. Although I heard you could use roll to deflect attacks in the SNES which they explained more in 64 so people could would actual use it.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 05:21:17 pm »
This thread is making me want to play SF64 again, sadly I don't own a 64.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 06:56:29 pm »
Get it on Wii. =)

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 06:27:20 pm »
I loved 64, but couldn't stand "adventures" jesus what a bad idea. "hurr hurr, lets make a star fox game WITHOUT THE SPASECHIPS!"
Wasn't it originally developed as a non-Starfox game, but had the Starfox franchise crow-barred in at the last minute for some reason?

Anyway, I only really played the N64 Starfox game, but I fucking loved it. Those cheesy voices were delightful, and I loved playing the game and getting better at it. I remember the first time I faced Star Wolf(who are fucking great) I barely managed to shoot down one or two of them and failed to beat the mission in time. As I got better and better at the game though, I felt great satisfaction in shooting down all four gits and going down a different story path because of it.

prominence

• God-Emperor
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • A little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 06:40:30 pm »
I was never very good at the 64 one, but it was fun.  I also liked star fox adventures, a little.  I really liked the last level, because it was classic starfox, and difficult.  a co-op starfox would be in tents.
The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.  -Dune-

Xierfrogs

• End Boss
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 09:00:45 pm »
starfox...CAMPING!

use C up to light your campfire!

Use tent pegs wisely!

Player 2 beware! Star wolf in the bushes! don't go pee!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 08:51:06 pm »
You'd go to use the bush and Wolf would leap out

"Can't let you do that!"

Man, Wolf can't let anyone do ANYTHING.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 09:33:59 pm »
"All the better to eat you with, my dear."

Oh wate, wrong Wolf.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 09:40:34 pm »
Just because its been running through my head:

[youtube=425,350]YBi3FTmIxJQ[/youtube]

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 10:14:12 pm »
Guy in the video plays like a crazy person. O.O I'm surprised he did it playing like that.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 10:44:49 pm »
Guy in the video plays like a crazy person. O.O I'm surprised he did it playing like that.

I agree completely.  Then again the only reason I linked it were the quotes from Star Wolf and co.