Author Topic: Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash  (Read 90698 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 06:40:05 pm »
Robo-Ky (#R)

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005, 06:40:20 pm »
Justice

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 03:59:01 pm »
Sol Badguy

Movelist:

:qcf :p Gunflame. This projectile launches an enemy, but no follow up is possible without FRCing the move. It's a good move for waking-up opponents and is one of the many options for starting the Dust Loop.

:qcb :k Riot Stomp. Sol jumps back to the wall, then flies forward with his foot out. Easy to see coming, easy to counter. Don't do this move.

:qcf :k Bandit Revolver. Can be performed in air, hits up to 3 or 4 times. Decent for ending combos. Hold :k to do Bandit Bringer. Sol leaps forward like Bandit Revolver, but punches downward. Bringer hits overhead and bounces an opponent for an easy Dust Loop.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:14:39 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 09:43:23 am »
A.B.A.

Mediocrity

• Idea Factory Fan - PLEASE IGNORE
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • the neverending sunlight is so blinding it's cruel
Re: Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 11:15:53 am »
I'm a GG player!

Your Anji strategies were quite helpful. He's probably my most-used character, though I dig Baiken (even if I can't for the life of me do her Guard Point 412+button). I also use Jam and Testament, though I'm not all that great with either.

It's funny. I just got finished playing some PC #R. I got tired of Axl kicking my ass. He has so much range he just rapes the shit out of me. I also sometimes have trouble with Zappa because he's bent over backwards and it's hard to tell where I can hit him with what.
"My son is sixteen, my wife is dead, and you're an asshole." - Jessie to Citan, Xenogears: A Rope of Robots, Part 19

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 12:34:48 pm »
Glad you found this useful. I'm working on this thread as best I can, but I'm afraid I don't know all the characters well enough to write much. If you want to contribute something to it, feel free. Make a post or send a PM with info and I'll update the appropriate character.

Mediocrity

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 01:17:49 pm »
I have no idea if I'm qualified to give GG strategies. I'm really not much of a fighting gamer. I just like GG's speed and style, and how the learning curve is more oriented towards normal people and not idiot savants (like 3S). That said, I'll do my best to come up with something workable someday.
"My son is sixteen, my wife is dead, and you're an asshole." - Jessie to Citan, Xenogears: A Rope of Robots, Part 19

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2005, 09:07:40 pm »
Anyone have any info on Slash? What's with the Order-Sol? o_O

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2005, 10:20:52 pm »
Coulda swore I posted a link to some info and videos somewhere.

Here we go:

The latest installment of the Guilty Gear series is already out in Japan. The players are playing, testing and beating the crap out of it to restructure tiers, find new strategies, and do more damaging combos. Every character has one new special move and various other gameplay changes to master, and two new characters are added: A.B.A. from Isuka, and a version of Sol in his Holy Order uniform who has his own move list and game mechanic.

For now, here's information on all the changes in Slash: http://romancancel.com/content.php?article.92.0

Match videos featuring Johnny, Potemkin, Ky, Chipp, Venom, Faust, I-no, Anji, A.B.A., Sol, and Order-Sol can be found at www.combovideos.com. You have to register to download the videos, but registration is free and painless, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2005, 07:28:58 am »
You know, I generally detest 2-D fighters to a fault, but after reading through this thread and looking into the GG series, I have to say that I've finally been convinced to give this game a shot.

If all else fails, atleast i get to put some character behind all the hentai for this game that i've seen (plus i've been so shit bored lately that at times I try to force myself to pee).

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2005, 10:36:05 pm »
While I'm standing here looking at this, I'm gonna post the tier list (thus far) for Slash.
Quote from: Initial Tier List-Subject to Change
Guilty Gear XX Slash

S Class:
Ky

A Class:
Sol
Faust
Testament
Potemkin
Anji

B Class:
A.B.A
Millia
Chipp
Baiken
Johnny
Jam
Axel
Slayer
Ino

C Class:
May
Eddie
Venom
Bridget

D Class:
Order Sol
Dizzy
Zappa
Robo Ky

Ky got a really fucking easy corner trap that rocketed him to the top. Potemkin's up there because his bad match-ups got nerfed pretty bad. I can't explain anyone else though.

ALSO: Don't feel like you've got to be a hardcore player to contribute. Anything's better than nothing. If you got strategies, combos, or even just special move descriptions, PM it to me to be added!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:40:52 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

Mediocrity

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2005, 03:33:45 pm »
Holy shit. Anji is A-Class. He was pretty low-tier in the other versions. Heh, not like I'll ever be able to play Slash, short of it coming out on the US PS2, but what're the odds of that?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 04:07:53 pm »
They'd better be good! We got all the other games released here; they'd better not stop now!

Guerrilla_Cheez

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • "I feel badly about what I've done with children"
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 06:31:36 pm »
this is really odd tier list. I've watched most  of slash vids out there, and umm robo ky was beasting people. but then again thats whats great about this game is that everyone has a chance, some easier than others but still a chance. I just can't see him being lower than chipp, and anji, ahh this I wonder who made this list btw. I do wish more people played this game, I guess its too complicated and somewhat balanced for people.
"Knowing is half the battle.."

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2006, 07:09:48 pm »
This is what's happened so far from what's been uncovered in Japan. Since Slash is so recent, not everything's been figured out yet, so this probably won't be the final version of the list. For instance, A.B.A. and Order-Sol are brand new, so they've got a LOT to figure out. For all we know, at the end one of them might be the best. We'll see what the top players come up with.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 10:09:09 pm »
Just hope it's not another game of TEIYAH!

Thanks for the link, I'm way behind on this.

Hey, is the PS2 Reload online playable?

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 10:09:47 am »
There's a copy of Reload for PS2?!

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 02:50:28 pm »
There's a copy of Reload for PS2?!

You did not know this?

Wow.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 02:55:13 pm »
Reload didn't come out for PS2 in America, so you'd have to import it. Also, Slash is getting a Japanese PS2 release. Hopefully it'll mean a PS2 release for America, because it would SUCK to have to buy an XBox or next-gen system just to play it.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 04:51:38 pm »
Well, I'm well aware there's an import, but as far as I know Reload was only released in the US for X-Box.

Which is a damn shame.  X-Box currently has the best US console version of Guilty Gear.  Not only that, but it also has online play.  It's almost enough to make me go out and buy an X-Box.