Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 132295 times)

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Octo Expansion, Bravely Second, Project Zomboid
    • X3 Eve
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #480 on: December 06, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »
I was about your age when i registered here. Its cool to see the youth of tomorrow have a keen interest in the hentai classics.

Viper art was just about everywhere on the internet in its earliest days. Couldn't go to any adult site without seeing it (usually on ads). Kinda weird that whoever holds the license hasn't made any attempts to revive the series.

Paya

• Casual VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper GTB
« Reply #481 on: December 06, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »
I was about your age when i registered here. Its cool to see the youth of tomorrow have a keen interest in the hentai classics.

Viper art was just about everywhere on the internet in its earliest days. Couldn't go to any adult site without seeing it (usually on ads). Kinda weird that whoever holds the license hasn't made any attempts to revive the series.

Is that so? I had never come across a Viper ad from what I can remember, and I did my good share of naughty internet searching myself kek. I always thought the Viper games were obscure because it seemed like no one talked about em that much.

And yeah about the age theme, I actually read a few of the first pages of this thread and it made me realize how insignificant I am compared to you guys that have been fans longer than me.

Viperchan

• VIPER Animator
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-CTR, VIPER-F40
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Odyssey, Metroid II
    • VIPER ANIMATION Blog
« Reply #482 on: December 06, 2017, 09:51:09 pm »
I remember. There used to be ads for hentai sites and stuff like that and they would have a looping GIF from one of the VIPER games.

G-1

• I dunno whats worse my ailments or the medication's side effects?
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・It's hard to say. Its between CTR,V8-R,F40 and V16
    • Now Playing:
      ・Too many things to keep scheduled.
« Reply #483 on: December 06, 2017, 10:23:13 pm »
I remember. There used to be ads for hentai sites and stuff like that and they would have a looping GIF from one of the VIPER games.

If I can recall, Most of em were featuring Akira. Oddly I remember saving a handful of Viper gifs and pics on a floppy back then. I still cant find that thing.

Viperchan

• VIPER Animator
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-CTR, VIPER-F40
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Odyssey, Metroid II
    • VIPER ANIMATION Blog
« Reply #484 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:48 pm »
Lol. I had a bunch of them on a floppy too. I still have it.

Arizona

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • If I get killed it's your fault!
« Reply #485 on: December 07, 2017, 01:34:24 am »
This particular loop was E V E R Y W H E R E circa 1999-2000. It worked well for vertical ads, along with other parts of V16.

Another little gif banner featuring Carrera's come-hither finger and the deeply witty marketing call of "CUM INSIDE" is, I believe, what led me to learn of the term "cum". When I was, uhhh, a fully of-age adult, of course. Which I definitely was at the time. I'm, uhhh, 65!!

Paya

• Casual VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper GTB
« Reply #486 on: December 07, 2017, 07:00:31 pm »
This particular loop was E V E R Y W H E R E circa 1999-2000. It worked well for vertical ads, along with other parts of V16.

Another little gif banner featuring Carrera's come-hither finger and the deeply witty marketing call of "CUM INSIDE" is, I believe, what led me to learn of the term "cum". When I was, uhhh, a fully of-age adult, of course. Which I definitely was at the time. I'm, uhhh, 65!!

I wish I would have been able to experience the Viper ads lol.

Do you guys have these Viper-related ads saved? I think that's cool and uh I wouldn't mind adding em to my collection kek.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #487 on: December 08, 2017, 08:04:06 am »
I've got these that are resized versions of the ones we had at hyperguy.net and/or congressofawesome.net (the precursors to the SDM forum) used in the early days of sognadigitalmuseum.com before the forum moved here.  Obviously unofficial - I don't recall Sogna ever having official ad imagery.  Most of their ads were print in the form of chirashi flyers. What Moge meant is that it showed up on adult pay-site ads, without permission. Even still, I occasionally see VIPER animations on such ads.

Few of our CoA ads were VIPER-related, but good memories for those of around a long time.  We obviously had a lot more (including the vertically scrolling Carrera and Akira ads), but I don't seem to have kept any of them.  Nor have I kept some of the more popular ones that were a bit "questionably insensitive" like "Don't Rape the Maid" (which is actually good advice) or the not-quite-what-it-sounds-like "He gave me crabs!" If any of you guys can dig those up from archives or internet time machine and post here, you'll get a thumbs up.

Ah, good times...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:09:44 am by JG »