Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 220717 times)

Asukachan

• VIPER Animator
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-CTR, VIPER-F40
    • Now Playing:
      ・Popful Mail (Sega CD)
    • VIPER ANIMATION Blog
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #480 on: December 06, 2017, 09:51:09 pm »
I remember. There used to be ads for hentai sites and stuff like that and they would have a looping GIF from one of the VIPER games.

G-1

• Triples Cereal was too powerful.
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・It's hard to say. Its between CTR,V8-R,F40 and V16
    • Now Playing:
      ・Too many things to keep scheduled.
« Reply #481 on: December 06, 2017, 10:23:13 pm »
I remember. There used to be ads for hentai sites and stuff like that and they would have a looping GIF from one of the VIPER games.

If I can recall, Most of em were featuring Akira. Oddly I remember saving a handful of Viper gifs and pics on a floppy back then. I still cant find that thing.

Asukachan

• VIPER Animator
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-CTR, VIPER-F40
    • Now Playing:
      ・Popful Mail (Sega CD)
    • VIPER ANIMATION Blog
« Reply #482 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:48 pm »
Lol. I had a bunch of them on a floppy too. I still have it.

Arizona

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • If I get killed it's your fault!
« Reply #483 on: December 07, 2017, 01:34:24 am »
This particular loop was E V E R Y W H E R E circa 1999-2000. It worked well for vertical ads, along with other parts of V16.

Another little gif banner featuring Carrera's come-hither finger and the deeply witty marketing call of "CUM INSIDE" is, I believe, what led me to learn of the term "cum". When I was, uhhh, a fully of-age adult, of course. Which I definitely was at the time. I'm, uhhh, 65!!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #484 on: December 08, 2017, 08:04:06 am »
I've got these that are resized versions of the ones we had at hyperguy.net and/or congressofawesome.net (the precursors to the SDM forum) used in the early days of sognadigitalmuseum.com before the forum moved here.  Obviously unofficial - I don't recall Sogna ever having official ad imagery.  Most of their ads were print in the form of chirashi flyers. What Moge meant is that it showed up on adult pay-site ads, without permission. Even still, I occasionally see VIPER animations on such ads.

Few of our CoA ads were VIPER-related, but good memories for those of around a long time.  We obviously had a lot more (including the vertically scrolling Carrera and Akira ads), but I don't seem to have kept any of them.  Nor have I kept some of the more popular ones that were a bit "questionably insensitive" like "Don't Rape the Maid" (which is actually good advice) or the not-quite-what-it-sounds-like "He gave me crabs!" If any of you guys can dig those up from archives or internet time machine and post here, you'll get a thumbs up.

Ah, good times...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:09:44 am by JG »