Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 220744 times)

Arizona

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • If I get killed it's your fault!
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #460 on: September 13, 2014, 05:50:32 pm »
Hi and welcome. I've actually seen your Tumblr before from looking around for cool old anime stuff!

Reminds me, I was all getting ready to finally watch Lime when Sentai announced they're doing a new DVD...now I'm waiting to see if that happens to be any better than the old ones.

...and that also reminds me, I never did post there myself, but I wonder what the Anime Past folks think of the new Tenchi Muyo...

kappacha

• Casual VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Jewel BEM Hunter Lime
« Reply #461 on: September 13, 2014, 08:44:30 pm »
Hi and welcome. I've actually seen your Tumblr before from looking around for cool old anime stuff!

Reminds me, I was all getting ready to finally watch Lime when Sentai announced they're doing a new DVD...now I'm waiting to see if that happens to be any better than the old ones.

...and that also reminds me, I never did post there myself, but I wonder what the Anime Past folks think of the new Tenchi Muyo...

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm curious myself, I have the original Anime Works DVD, but if the Sentai one is any better I might pick it up. 

Haha we have a discussion about Ai Tenchi Muyo going on right now.  I also did some art comparisons on my tumblr about it.  I'm in the camp that dislikes it though, mainly because of the new designs and addition of what looks like some pretty terrible new girls.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #462 on: September 14, 2014, 01:18:16 pm »
Hello all! 

How did I find myself here?  Well I'm 30 yrs old, and a long time anime fan since the late 80's.  My first anime true love was Ranma 1/2, and since most of you are Sogna afficionados, you can probably guess why I'm on this forum because of that fact! ;D
Wow. I think its been about half a decade since i've seen a female member on here. Cupcake-what's-her-name that got married to a former mod on here.

Can't say i ever gave up on watching anime. Just stuck to anything old school or anything appealing to Western tastes; wouldn't want to have missed out on new Slayers and Hellsing in recent years.

That art style for the new Tenchi Muyo looks absolutely dreadful . The last one i watched was Galaxy Police, and wow has the bar of quality dropped dramatically for the series. Universe will always be my favorite.

kappacha

• Casual VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Jewel BEM Hunter Lime
« Reply #463 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:30 pm »
Hello all! 

How did I find myself here?  Well I'm 30 yrs old, and a long time anime fan since the late 80's.  My first anime true love was Ranma 1/2, and since most of you are Sogna afficionados, you can probably guess why I'm on this forum because of that fact! ;D
Wow. I think its been about half a decade since i've seen a female member on here. Cupcake-what's-her-name that got married to a former mod on here.

Can't say i ever gave up on watching anime. Just stuck to anything old school or anything appealing to Western tastes; wouldn't want to have missed out on new Slayers and Hellsing in recent years.

That art style for the new Tenchi Muyo looks absolutely dreadful . The last one i watched was Galaxy Police, and wow has the bar of quality dropped dramatically for the series. Universe will always be my favorite.

Yesterday when I was looking through the forums, I was like, "Oh man, am I the only girl here?"  Even on the other anime forum, I'm one of I think 5 girls, out of about 100 some members.  I'm not surprised though, since the forum is mainly dedicated to a hentai game.  Ah well!

I didn't really give up so much as just had life happen and didn't really devote much time to it.  I was a hardcore freelance artist so it took up a lot of my time.  I just came back into it because I've been missing it and it's actually been helping me be a better artist while I really dialed back on freelancing.  I need to watch the new Slayers, but I did catch the original Hellsing anime.  I really enjoyed it.  I agree on GXP (I couldn't even watch past the first episode).  Original Tenchi OAV will always be my favorite, but I loved Universe just as much because I thought Kiyone, Naga, and Ken-Ohki were awesome additions to the series.  I don't even really care for Kajishima's canon he's been doing in doujinshi form.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #464 on: September 15, 2014, 08:12:04 am »
Your favorite Sogna game is actually a Silence game.

Many Ranma artists became Silence artists after Ranma ran its course.  Some of the Silence crew spun off their own subcompany as Sogna.  Sogna focused on reproducing animation in video games (an ambitious, novel concept at the time) since most of them were animators before, while Silence kept the old-style non-animated game format.

We can talk about Silence here too though.  I have a couple of Lime things in my non-Sogna collection.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #465 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:06 am »
Yesterday when I was looking through the forums, I was like, "Oh man, am I the only girl here?"  Even on the other anime forum, I'm one of I think 5 girls, out of about 100 some members.  I'm not surprised though, since the forum is mainly dedicated to a hentai game.  Ah well!
Don't feel too bad if you're the only female on here. This community has vastly shrunken in the last few years.

Really, it's just 3 people who post frequently (me, JGOO, and that AZ guy), and 3 others who infrequently post (you know who you are).

kappacha

• Casual VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Jewel BEM Hunter Lime
« Reply #466 on: September 17, 2014, 08:15:42 pm »
Your favorite Sogna game is actually a Silence game.

Many Ranma artists became Silence artists after Ranma ran its course.  Some of the Silence crew spun off their own subcompany as Sogna.  Sogna focused on reproducing animation in video games (an ambitious, novel concept at the time) since most of them were animators before, while Silence kept the old-style non-animated game format.

We can talk about Silence here too though.  I have a couple of Lime things in my non-Sogna collection.

Yeah I knew it wasn't a Sogna game but I didn't really have a favorite Sogna game, I mean I like them, but to be honest I haven't even really played them.  I'm just a huge fan of the artists in the games, and old anime in general.  I saw the Jewel BEM Hunter Lime anime OAV before I even knew it was a game.  Seemed like a good place to join.

Don't feel too bad if you're the only female on here. This community has vastly shrunken in the last few years.

Really, it's just 3 people who post frequently (me, JGOO, and that AZ guy), and 3 others who infrequently post (you know who you are).

Yeah even the other forum I'm at, it doesn't move very quickly.  So no worries!  I'm used to being one of few females anyways on most areas I frequent, haha.  If anyone wants to chat with me feel free to! 

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #467 on: October 10, 2014, 10:58:14 pm »
Care to share any of your art, Kappacha?

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #468 on: October 18, 2014, 12:31:53 am »
Woops! Just noticed your art is linked in your signature; you're very talented.

G-1

• Triples Cereal was too powerful.
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・It's hard to say. Its between CTR,V8-R,F40 and V16
    • Now Playing:
      ・Too many things to keep scheduled.
« Reply #469 on: October 28, 2014, 12:11:04 am »
I am G-1. I had been a lurker for a while, I just decided to join after months of well being a lurker and purchaser from the Sogna Digital Museum Store. I first discovered Viper through some Gifs online notably CTR,V16 and M1
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:40:34 pm by G-1 »

Yamazaki

• VIPER Initiate
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper V6
    • Now Playing:
      ・Skyrim
« Reply #470 on: October 28, 2014, 05:50:04 pm »
Hi there,

Yamazaki here.

Found this great place while searching for soundtrack files of the Viper series.

Came in contact with the Viper series back in 1999 when I visited Japan and found some of the games in an adult game shop.

Started collecting and actually playing them in 20013 though when started to build up my FM Towns collection.

here you can find a picture of my FM Towns collection:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141028/k3wq4qph.jpg

Arizona

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • If I get killed it's your fault!
« Reply #471 on: October 29, 2014, 02:59:12 am »
A twofer! Or threefer counting the shoutbox...

How nice of them to put those adult games in kid friendly soft plastic cases.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #472 on: October 30, 2014, 07:38:18 am »
Hi there,

Yamazaki here.

Found this great place while searching for soundtrack files of the Viper series.

Came in contact with the Viper series back in 1999 when I visited Japan and found some of the games in an adult game shop.

Started collecting and actually playing them in 20013 though when started to build up my FM Towns collection.

here you can find a picture of my FM Towns collection:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141028/k3wq4qph.jpg

:exclamation
You have an Animahjong V3 for FM-TOWNS??  You sir, have something I didn't even know existed. (And that's quite impressive.)

Would you mind sending me the JAN Code and original price from the back of the package, and take a photo of everything inside? I would very much like to add this information to the main site.

Other V3 versions for comparison:
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/amv33.jpg
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/amv35.jpg
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/amv35x68k.jpg

FM-TOWNS games for comparison:
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/v6turbors.jpg
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/v8turbors.jpg
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/v10turbors.jpg
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/gtsfmtowns.jpg
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/gallery/collections/jg/v12fmtowns.jpg

I don't have any FM-TOWNS games for sale on the site right now, but I can get them on special order if you want them badly enough.  I do have Windows, PC98, and X68000 versions listed though.  And I would give you a discount if you wished to trade that Animahjong. :rupee :rupee :rupee

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #473 on: October 30, 2014, 01:27:19 pm »
To the newcomers...

BlackShadow

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #474 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:22 pm »
I miss Futurama.

Yamazaki

• VIPER Initiate
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper V6
    • Now Playing:
      ・Skyrim
« Reply #475 on: November 01, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »
@JG:

Sorry to disappoint you :(

Checked it today - it's teh x68000 version -I mistakenly put it next to the FM Towns games when taking that picture :/

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #476 on: November 02, 2014, 07:09:37 am »
@JG:

Sorry to disappoint you :(

Checked it today - it's teh x68000 version -I mistakenly put it next to the FM Towns games when taking that picture :/

Darn, I knew there was something fishy about it.  If there was a V3 for FM-TOWNS, then there must be an X, too, which would make two games I'd never seen before.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #477 on: November 06, 2014, 12:40:22 pm »
The FM-Towns had some of the best versions of old LucasArts adventure games.

WishingStar

• VIPER Initiate
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・GTS or CTR
« Reply #478 on: September 20, 2015, 09:45:39 pm »
Hey there! I'm a new member thats loved the Sogna games for quite some time, but I've only just started collecting some merchandise :) My favorite characters are Mercedes and Miki :)

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #479 on: December 06, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »
I was about your age when i registered here. Its cool to see the youth of tomorrow have a keen interest in the hentai classics.

Viper art was just about everywhere on the internet in its earliest days. Couldn't go to any adult site without seeing it (usually on ads). Kinda weird that whoever holds the license hasn't made any attempts to revive the series.