Author Topic: NEW VIPER DAY  (Read 58985 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: NEW VIPER DAY
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2022, 03:41:27 pm »
Probably not all at once but I'll try to group by series and then try to take six or so in each photo. Its going to be mid-April before they arrive and I've only seen six or seven of them. It was one of those 1 yen starting price bulk set deals where the buyer put forth minimal effort just to unload them at whatever price they could get - a very brief description and a few photos is all I had. They self-rated it as "C" grade though so could have folds, rips, tears, or pinholes. The ones they pictured seemed to be in pretty good shape though so maybe they are all ok or maybe they just took photos of the best and/or most memorable stuff. Could be gemstones in there.

Offhand I'm guessing it'll be about $2 to $3 per poster, plus shipping. But I only have a few poster shipment tubes/boxes so if there's a lot of you asking I may have to raise cost to cover the purchase of some more tubes. Obviously any Sogna/VIPER poster is excluded from this lot as I'll sell those on the site's for sale page. And posters by famous artists or those who have done VIPER work (like Takahiro Kimura) may run higher.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2022, 07:38:30 pm »
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

This beauty arrived today as a Christmas present to myself.

It's been a while since I've been able to obtain a really rare item for my collection, especially something that could be considered a centerpiece. All the art prices have gone crazy, but the non-cel merchandise is still affordable. But since I own almost all of it already, finding something new to excite me doesn't come along often.

Cost me $234.99 to purchase and another $129.65 to ship it overseas (that's $364.64 total), but worth it: I expected it to have some scuffs and wear but it's actually in mint condition. It even came in the original box! How cool is that! I suspect they made less than 50 of these, and probably recycled most of them for their metal stand mechanisms. I'd estimate less than ten exist, that this is one of the three in best condition, and possibly the only one with a box.

The V16 life-sized stand I've owned for a few years but took a photo of them side by side for comparison. The F40 is a little taller (about 5'5" compared to 5'3" of the V16 stand), but the V16 is a little wider at the base (29" to 28" of the F40 stand.) These aren't actually accurate to life-sized as Akira is canonically 5'4" but close enough. If the two are taken to be proportionally equal, then Raika would be about 5'9" - besides the two inches taller her stand is, her right heel is about an inch closer to the ground and the top of her head about two inches closer to top. (More likely they aren't proportional - Raika is just pictured to fill the area more, since there's only her versus three girls - but its an intriguing thought experiment.)

G-1

• Triples Cereal was too powerful.
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・It's hard to say. Its between CTR,V8-R,F40 and V16
    • Now Playing:
      ・Too many things to keep scheduled.
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2022, 07:45:34 pm »
God I love that stand . Raika has to be one of my favorites of all Kimura's designs. 

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2022, 12:33:23 pm »
Those are incredible :o

For items of that size, i was honestly expecting a higher price tag.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2022, 07:22:27 pm »
I suspect that they are so large that a lot of Japanese buyers, who often live in tiny apartments with limited open space, simply wouldn't have room for something of this size. With fewer prospective buyers the prices are deflated. Those that do have the space probably go for newer games that they're more familiar with.

They fold in half and have a metal tripod that attaches to the backside to make it stand up, but even collapsed we're talking approximately a three by four foot rectangle space.